Peter D. Waite, MPH, DDS, MD, FACS
Undergraduate: University of Minnesota
Dental School: University of Minnesota
Medical School: University of Alabama at Birmingham
Residency: University of Alabama at Birmingham
Professional/Scientific Organization Memberships:
- American Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Alabama Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Southeastern Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Alabama Medical Association
- Alabama Cleft Palate Association
- American Association of Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Sleep Disorders Association
- Southern Society of Sleep Disorders
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Oral Surgery
- Impacted Teeth
- Dental Implants
- Orthongathic Surgery
- Craniofacial Cleft Lip/Palate Surgery
- Facial Reconstruction
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Dr. Waite takes great pride in his patients, and is honored that they often travel so far for his surgical opinion.
Teaching and training students and residents are benefits of continued education and passions for Dr. Waite. He demonstrates to his students the latest and safest techniques while performing surgery at UAB Hospital, Children’s Hospital, Callahan Eye Foundation Hospital, VA Hospital, and The Kirklin Clinic. Dr. Waite strives to teach delicate compassion with precise dexterity, medical science, and common sense to his surgeons in training. He has trained and influenced over 60 residents in the OMS program.
Internationally recognized for his expertise, Dr. Waite has given many lectures around the world. He has also served as editor of Peterson’s Principles of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
Dr. Waite is a review editor for several journals and secretary for the AAOMS faculty section, and he serves on several committees within the University of Alabama Health System.
For appointments and other patient information
Contact the Kirklin Clinic at (205) 801-7703/8292 http://www.uabhealth.org/11263/TKC