Research & Scholarly Activities
Left to right: Dr. Qingyi Li, Dr. Jinle Li, Dr. Nadia Abou Kheir, Dr. Feng Pan
Department of Orthodontics Recent Publications
- 3-dimensional anthropometric evaluation of facial morphology among Chinese and Greek Population. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. Liu Y, Kau CH, F Pan, Zhou H, Zhang Q, Zacharopoulos. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2013; 24
- The anatomical evaluation of the dental arches using cone beam tomography – an investigation of the availability of bone for placement of mini-screws. Feng P, Kau CH, Zhou H, Souccar NM. Head and Face Medicine, 2013, June Epub
- Three-dimensional evaluation of early crossbite correction: a longitudinal study, Primozic J, Richmond S, Kau CH, Zhurov A, Ovsenik M, European Journal of Orthodontics, 2013 Feb;35(1):7-13
- Neoclassical facial canons in young adults. Zacharopoulos GV, Manios A, De Bree E, Kau CH, Petousis M, Zacharopoulou I, Kouremenos N. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2013. Nov; 23(6): 1693-8
- Apical root resorbtion caused by orthodontic forces: a brief review and long term observation. Topkara A, Karaman AI, Kau CH. European Journal of Dentistry. 2012 October; 6(4):445-53
- Esthetic Class II treatment with Beneslider and aligners. Wilmes B, Nienkemper M, Ludwig B, Kau CH, Pauls A, Drescher D. Journal of Clinical Orthodontics. 2012. Jul: 46(7):390-8
- Three-dimensional ultrashort echo magnetic resonance imaging in orthodontic appliances in the natural dentition. Cox RJ, Kau CH, Rasche V. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. 2012. Oct; 142(4):552-61
- Methods of measuring the three-dimensional face. Souccar NM, Kau CH. Seminars in Orthodontics. 2012, September 18(3); 187-192
- Does hyrax expansion therapy affect maxillary sinus volume? A Cone beam computer tomography report. Darsey DM, English JD, Kau CH, Ellis RK, Akyalcin S. Imaging Science Dentistry. 2012 June 42(2):83-8
- Orthodontics in the 21st century: a view from across the pond. Kau CH. Journal of Orthodontics. 2012. June 39(2):75-6
- Occlusal Asymmetries in children with congenital hip dislocation, Harila V, Valkama M, Sato K, Tolleson S, Hanis S, Kau CH, Pirttiniemi P. European Journal of Orthodontics, 2012 Jun;34(3):307-1
- The KPG Index – a novel 3D classification system for maxillary canines impactions. San Martín DE, English JD, Kau CH, Gallerano RL, McGrory KR, Salas AM, Bouquot J, Xia JJ. Texas Dental Journal. 2012 Mar; 129(3):265-74
- Surface analysis of study models generated from OrthoCAD and cone-beam computed tomography imaging. Lightheart KG, English JD, Kau CH, Akyalcin S, Bussa HI Jr, McGrory KR, McGrory KJ. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. 2012 Jun;141(6):686-93
- Early Class III treatment with a hybrid hyrax mentoplate combination, Wilmes B, Nienkemper, M Ludwig B, Kau CH, Drescher D, Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, 2011, 45(1) 15-21
- MI Paste Plus to prevent demineralization in orthodontic patients: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Robertson MA, Kau CH, English JD, Lee RP, Powers J and Nguyen JT. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 2011, Nov; 140(5): 660-80
- Cone beam computed tomography analysis of dentoalveolar changes immediately after maxillary expansion. Domann CE, Kau CH, English JD, Xia JJ, Souccar NM, Lee RP. Orthodontics (Chic.). 2011 Fall;12(3):202-9.
- A comparison between landmark and surface shape measurements in a sample of cleft lip and palate patients after secondary alveolar bone grafting. Kau CH, Medina L, English JD, Xia J, Gateno J, Teichgraber J. Orthodontics (Chic.). 2011 Fall;12(3):188-95
- Creation of the virtual patient for the study of facial morphology. Kau CH. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2011 Nov;19(4):615-2
- A radiographic analysis of tooth morphology following the use of a novel cyclical force device in orthodontics. Kau CH. Head Face Med. 2011 Aug 9;7:14.
- Outcome study of computer-aided surgical simulation in the treatment of patients with craniomaxillofacial deformities. Xia JJ, Shevchenko L, Gateno J, Teichgraeber JF, Taylor TD, Lasky RE, English JD, Kau CH, McGrory KR. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011 Jul;69(7):2014-24.
- A glimpse into the future of orthodontic imaging. Cox RJ and Kau CH. Orthodontic Practice US. 2011 July; 2(3): 34-36.
- Traditional radiology and CBCT. Souccar NM and Kau CH (World Dental. 2011 May/June; 3: 8-10)
- The surgical and orthodontic management of cherubism in a growing child. Kau CH, Souccar NM, English JD, Kamel SG, Wong ME. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2012 Apr;40(3):229-33. Epub 2011 Jun 1
- A New Method for analysis of facial growth in a paediatric reconstructed mandible. Kau CH, Kamel SG, Wilson J and Wong M (American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, 2011, April 139(4); e285-90
- The Future of Orthodontic Diagnostic Records, Kau CH, Olim S, Nguyen JT, Seminars in Orthodontics Volume 17, Issue 1 (March 2011) p. 39-45
- A Comparison of the Accuracy of Linear Measurements Obtained from Cone Beam Computerized Tomography Images and Digital Models, Creed B, Kau CH (CA), English JD, Xia JJ, Lee RP, Seminars in Orthodontics Volume 17, Issue 1 (March 2011) p. 49-56
- A new method to orient 3-dimensional computed tomography models to the natural head position: a clinical feasibility study, Xia JJ, McGrory JK, Gateno J, Teichgraeber JF, Dawson BC, Kennedy KA, Lasky RE, English JD, Kau CH, McGrory KR. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2011 March 69(3): 584-91
- Long term treatment outcome of pre-surgical nasoalveolar molding in patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate, Clark SL, Teichgraeber JF, Fleshman RG, Shaw JD, Chavarria C, Kau CH, Gateno J, Xia JJ. J Craniofac Surg., 2011, Jan; 22(1): 333-6
- Novel Method of 3-dimensional soft tissue analysis for Class III patients, Bozic M, Kau CH, Richmond S, Ovsenik M, Hren NI, American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, 2010, Dec; 138(6):758-69,
- Facial Morphology of Finnish children with and without developmental hip dysplasia using 3D facial Templates. Hanis SB, Kau CH (CA), Souccar NM, English JD, Pirttiniemi P, Valkama M, Harila V, Orthod Craniofac Res 2010;13:229–237
- The Virtual Patient: Understanding the head in 3D. Kau CH, Souccar NM, Wong ME. Orthodontie & Kieferorthopädie 2010, 42:245-250.
- Three dimensional surface imaging: An overview. Kau CH, Souccar NM, Sarver DM, Vlachos C. Orthodontie & Kieferorthopädie 2010, 42:261-266
- Efficiency of Impacted and Supernumerary Tooth Diagnosis from Traditional Radiography Versus Cone Beam Computed Tomography, Katheria B, Kau CH (CA), English JD, Tate R and Bouquot J, Pædiatric Dentistry, 2010, Jul-Aug; 32(4):304-9
- 3-D analysis of facial asymmetry in children with hip dysplasia. Tolleson SR, Kau CH, Lee RP, English JD, Harila V, Pirttiniemi P, Valkama M. Angle Orthod. 2010 Jul;80(4):519-24.
- Digital models vs plaster models using alginate and alginate substitute materials. Torassian G, Kau CH, English JD, Powers J, Bussa HI, Marie Salas-Lopez A, Corbett JA. Angle Orthod. 2010 Jul;80(4):474-81.
- The clinical evaluation of a novel cyclical force generating device in orthodontics. Kau CH, Nguyen JT and English JD. Orthodontic Practices. 2010; 1:1: 10-15
- Evaluation of CBCT digital models and traditional models using the Little's Index. Kau CH, Littlefield J, Rainy N, Nguyen JT, Creed B. Angle Orthod. 2010 May;80(3):435-9.
- Use of 3-dimensional surface acquisition to study facial morphology in 5 populations. Kau CH, Richmond S, Zhurov A, Ovsenik M, Tawfik W, Borbely P, English JD. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2010 Apr; 137(4 Suppl):S56.e1-9; discussion S56-7.
- Three-dimensional comparison of facial morphology in white populations in Budapest, Hungary, and Houston, Texas. Gor T, Kau CH (CA), English JD, Lee RP, Borbely P. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2010 Mar; 137(3):424-32.
- Three-Dimensional Imaging for Orthodontics and Maxillofacial Surgery, Chung How Kau, Stephen Richmond, Wiley-Blackwell /2010-12-28 Hardcover / 320 Pages.
- Cone Beam CT of the Head and Neck: An Anatomical Atlas, Kenneth Abramovitch, Chung H. Kau, Sherif Galal Kamel, Marko Bozic, Springer /2011-01-06 Paperback / 66 Pages.