Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions with responses.
Where should I park?
- Metered Parking: on 19th street in front of the dental school.
- Parking Deck: on University Boulevard (8th Avenue South) and 19th Street
How much is parking?
- On street metered parking: $2 for the first hour, plus $1 for each additional hour.
- Parking Deck: time-based with an all-day $6 cap
Do you validate parking?
What is the cut off time for checking meters?
- Birmingham stops checking meters at 5:00 p.m.
- UAB monitors meters from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Where is Hospital Dentistry located?
Hospital Dentistry is located in the basement of the Spain Wallace Building between 6th and 7th Avenue South and 19th Street.
Where is Lyons Harrison Building located?
The Lyons Harrison Building is located in front of the dental school. There is signage on the building.
Where do I go for my dental appointment?
- New patients for the student clinic: Sign in at 1st floor patient registration desk
- Emergency patients and walk-in patients: Sign in at 1st floor patient registration desk
- Faculty practice patients: Sign in at the 5th floor faculty practice clinic registration desk
- Patients that have already been assigned to students: Sign in at the 2nd floor student clinic
Do you have vending machines?
Vending machines are located on the 1st and 6th floors.
Where can I get coffee?
Coffee can be purchased at the V.A. cafeteria located on the corner of 7th Avenue South and 19th Street.
Do you have change?
You can get change at the 1st floor lobby registration desk. Coins only.
How do I use the kiosk machine to pay for street parking in front of the building?
The kiosk machine only accepts credit cards and coins. Dollar bills are not accepted.