If you are out of the UAB system for more than one year, you will have to resubmit all the documents mentioned below.
- Drivers license-2 copies
- Social Security Card
- W-4 form
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae-submit to department Administrative Associate
- National Criminal Background check will be conducted on all new hires being entered into the UAB system.
- Direct Deposit information
- I-9 form
- Signed contract-Sent by the department each semester. See letter template.
- Recent Experience Requirement from the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE). The ALSDE requires that all faculty, including adjunct faculty, must complete a recent experience requirement if they have not taught in a classroom within the last five years. This experience must be done each semester and reported to the chair of the department. Your program coordinator will inform you if you are teaching a course for which this is required. This is only necessary if you are teaching a required course on a state department checklist for a teacher education program.
- Email, Blazer ID and password - Register for a BlazerID
The hiring process typically takes two weeks. You will not be able to access the Blackboard Learning system until you are in the UAB system.