About UsUAB-city-scene

The UAB School of Education is working every day to transform lives and to optimize human potential. We are known for our cutting-edge programs that prepare professionals to serve in a diverse world.  Our outstanding faculty are not only leaders in their fields, but also excellent mentors and teachers who inspire others to grow and to learn.


The UAB School of Education is home to a diverse array of undergraduate and graduate programs in areas such as educator preparation, counselor education, health education, and kinesiology (formerly physical education).  Our programs are accredited by relevant organizations, and are staffed by world-class faculty.

Researchcea narrow

UAB School of Education faculty are at the leading edge of investigating some of today’s most vexing challenges in areas such as exercise science, health disparities, language/literacy development, urban education, and special education.  The School of Education includes several centers that help to support this work: The Center for Educational Accountability and the Center for Urban Education.

All Majors Welcome


(803) 252-9086

Basic Requirements for Teaching English in China:

a)      Standard English speakers without any accent;

b)      BA /BS degree or higher (Summer Internships available for in-school students);

c)      Age: 18-65.

Fall Semester: September – June

Spring Semester: March – December

Summer Semester: July.

Benefits for you:

1. Free Round-trip international airfare paid by your host school if you teach at the same school for one academic year.

2. Free furnished-apartment usually on school campus, with a bathroom, a bedroom, a living room, TV, phone, air-conditioning/heating, and cooking utensils, etc.

3. Well-paid positions with free Chinese lessons.

4. Paid three-week Winter Vacation, first week of May and first week of October.

5. Travel stipends of 2200 RMB Yuan

Required Application documents:

a)      Online Application Form at http://www.chineseculturecenter.org/

b)      One-page resume.doc emphasizes teaching related experiences if any;

c)      A letter-size copy of your diploma and/or teacher's certificate if any;

d)      The bio-page copy of your passport with your passport number and your photo on it;

e)      A real-life digital photo of yours by email attachment.

Chinese Culture Center certified by the China State Administration of Foreign Experts will take care of the tedious and complicated application procedures for you. Please register online: www.ChineseCultureCenter.org

If you don’t have a passport yet, please call your local main post office to apply for one ASAP.


If you are still an in-school student without a college diploma, please get a Letter of Certificate from your school registrar to show your student enrollment status and your expected Graduation Date and Degree.


Latest News

UABTeach animation