Our UAB Arts Education Program will prepare you for a career as a music or visual arts teacher in the P-12 schools. Our instructors are nationally and internationally renowned teacher educators, scholars, performers, and artists who are active in their respective fields. The UAB Department of Music has the distinction of being Alabama’s first All Steinway School and offers courses such as music theory and basic and advanced conducting. The UAB Department of Art and Art History is accredited and nationally recognized by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design and has studio courses in ceramics, drawing, painting, new media, photography, graphic design, sculpture, and printmaking.
- Alternative Masters Degree - Music Education: Choral (42-45 Credit Hours)
- Alternative Masters Degree - Music Education: Instrumental (42-45 Credit Hours)
- Alternative Masters Degree - Visual Arts
- Traditional Masters Degree - Music Education: Choral (32-35 Credit Hours)
- Traditional Masters Degree - Music Education: Instrumental (32-35 Credit Hours)
- Traditional Masters Degree - Visual Arts (31-34 Credit Hours)
Educational Specialist Degree
- Educational Specialist Degree - Teacher Leadership (31-34 Credit Hours)
Learn more about our graduate programs
Download an information packet and come to an information session to learn more about our graduate teacher education programs. Contact Susan Spezzini to attend an information session.
|Graduate Program||Information Packet||Information Session|
|Alternative Master's Program||Download||Mondays 5:00-6:30 pm|
|Traditional Master's Program||Download||Thursdays 4:00-4:45 pm|
|Educational Specialist Program||Download||Thursdays 5:00-5:45 pm|
Are you a music or art major without a teaching license?
If you have a bachelor’s degree in music or art, but you lack a teaching certificate, enroll in our UAB Alternative Master’s Degree Program to earn a master's degree along with Class A certification. Learn more details in the AMP Information Packet.
Have Questions? Contact Us.
Susan Spezzini, PhD
By Phone: 205-934-8357
You might also be interested in
- Early Childhood and Elementary Education
- Secondary Education
- Teacher Leadership Program