- Early Childhood & Elementary Education (125-129 hours)
- 2+2 Early Childhood Education Program with Jefferson State Community College (122 hours)
- Early Childhood Non-Certification Option (120 hours)
- Alternative Masters of Education - Early Childhood and Elementary Education (49-58 hours)
- Traditional Masters of Education - Early Childhood (31-34 hours)
- Traditional Masters of Education - Early Childhood and Elementary Education (31-34 hours)
- Traditional Masters of Education - Elementary Education (31-34 hours)
- Educational Specialist - Early Childhood Education (31-34 hours)
- Educational Specialist - Elementary Education (31-34 hours)
- Doctor of Philosophy - Early Childhood Education
Learn more about our graduate programs
Download an information packet and come to an information session to learn more about our graduate teacher education programs. Contact Susan Spezzini to attend an information session.
|Graduate Program||Information Packet||Information Session|
|Alternative Master's Program||Download||Mondays 5:00-6:30 pm|
|Traditional Master's Program||Download||Thursdays 4:00-4:45 pm|
|Educational Specialist Program||Download||Thursdays 5:00-5:45 pm|
Want to switch careers to become a teacher?
The Alternative Masters Program (AMP) is designed for individuals who hold an undergraduate degree in a field outside of education who want to become certified teachers. Once you complete the AMP, you will earn an alternative Class A certification in your specific teaching field along with a Master's degree. Learn more details in the AMP Information Packet.
UAB Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree in Early Childhood Education
Our UAB Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree Program will prepare you for a career as a scholar or researcher in early childhood education or for work as an administrator in a public, civil, or academic institution. The PhD coursework includes research design, statistical methods, Piaget, child development and more. Review the Early Childhood Education Ph.D. Policy Handbook for more details.
Early Childhood and Elementary Education Faculty
Which Teacher Education Program is right for you?
Teacher certifications are issued at a few different levels and correspond to specific degree options here at UAB. Learn more about these certification levels and find out which degree program is right for you.
Have Questions? Contact Us.
For the Undergraduate (non-certification) Degree, Master of Arts Degree, or the Educational Specialist Degree, contact:
Kay Emfinger, PhD
By Phone: 205-934-7003
For the Undergraduate (certification) Degree or the Alternative Master’s Program (AMP), contact:
Katherine B. Scott, EdS
By Phone: 205-934-8359
For the PhD Program, contact:
James Ernest, PhD
By Phone: 205-934-8360