Portfolio Requirements for Admission to Educational Leadership ProgramCandidates will bring 2 copies of a portfolio in a ½" three ring binder to the Interview. The Portfolio will contain the artifacts listed below ( no more, no less). Each of the artifacts should be in page protectors. A cover sheet should be put in the clear plastic cover of the binder. On that cover sheet, please put the following information:
Your address, email, and phone number
Your Present Work Assignment/ Grade Level/ Subject Area
Your School's Name
Then, in order, compile the following artifacts:
- Summary of teaching experiences (Please list all teaching experiences). Include the EXP form from your school district which documents your hire date and years in the district (will need from each district that you have taught in, IF you do not have 3 full years' experience in your current district).
- Three letters of recommendation – one must be from your current administrator. The letters should provide details regarding your (the applicant's) ability to relate with the public, solve problems, communicate effectively, model knowledge of the curriculum, and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Copy of your current teaching certificate(s)
- Completed copy of your most recent performance appraisal to include the professional development component (PDP) AND a list of the professional development courses you have taken in the last two years (divided into two categories: District Mandated Professional Development and Voluntary Professional Development).
- Two artifacts that illustrate the ability to improve student achievement. Each artifact should be accompanied by an explanatory paragraph. The two artifacts may include progress monitoring information, DIBELS scores, AHSGE data, or other evidence that demonstrates your instructional leadership potential.
- One-page, double-spaced summary of your reasons for pursuing instructional leadership certification
- Identify and describe in a one-page, double-spaced narrative summary key leadership roles you have assumed in your building or at the district level. Submit three artifacts that provide evidence of educational leadership. Artifacts may include meeting agendas, meeting notes, or other documents that highlight your leadership ability and involvement.