UAB: Knowledge that will change your world.
From the beginning, UAB’s character and culture have been about breaking through and transcending...
- Long-accepted notions of the metropolitan versus traditional versus online campus, to form a university that is none and yet all—the ideal convergence of all three.
- Social and cultural barriers, to create a campus dubbed a “mecca of multiculturalism” in The Princeton Review.
- Traditional boundaries among disciplines, to conduct intensely collaborative research, scholarship and teaching.
- And conventional strictures of the likely and unlikely in any given arena—the classroom, the lab, the studio or the stage—and in the lives and careers of students.
FACTS AND RANKINGS
- Ranked among the top 100 universities in the world for life sciences and top 150 for medicine, according to Academic Ranking of World Universities.
- 18,000 students, 23,000 employees and an annual economic impact exceeding $5 billion.
- Named four consecutive years among the top 10 universities in the United States for diversity in The Princeton Review.
- Among 51 public and private universities classified by The Carnegie Foundation for both “very high research activity” and "community engagement."
- Named three consecutive years to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a university can achieve for civic engagement and service-learning.
- Ranked 32nd nationally in federal research funding and 20th in funding from the National Institutes of Health (10th among public universities).
- Home to the 3rd largest public hospital in the United States.
- UAB School of Engineering online Master of Engineering programs ranked 27th nationally by U.S. News and World Report.