How to VoteTo learn how to vote and see the election results, follow these eight steps.
- Learn about voting in United States elections, including who is eligible to vote.
- Register to vote. In Alabama the deadline is October 26, ten days before the election on Tuesday, November 6, 2012. Find your state to view voter registration deadlines.
- If you are an Alabama resident and have already registered, find your registration details.
- Locate the polling place where you will vote (Alabama residents).
- Review the identification documentation you will need to bring to the polling place (Alabama residents).
- If you will not be able to vote at your polling place, learn about absentee voting options (Alabama residents).
- Vote on Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
- View the election results.