MASTER of ENGINEERING
Apply for Admission
- Fall Admission - July 1
- Spring Admission - November 1
- Summer Admission - April 1
- An undergraduate degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited school. NOTE: undergraduate degree does not have to be in engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in safety or a safety-related field.
- Three recommendations. One of the recommendations must be from a current, direct supervisor. One of the recommendations must be a self-recommendation essay.
- No entrance tests are required.
- Applicants not satisfying the GPA requirement and/or holding a degree from a nationally accredited school may receive admission on a provisional basis subject to assessment and recommendation of the program director.
How to Apply:
Go to Apply Yourself to complete and submit your online application
- On the page that appears after you create an account and receive your PIN, choose Graduate Application. Then follow the directions below:
- In the green column on the left side of the page (see box right), under “Application for Admission as a Degree‐Seeking Student,” there are five links provided.
- Application Information page: click here to apply. For "Program Applying to" choose Advanced Safety Engineering and Management/MEng from drop down menu. ASEM applicants are not required to submit GRE test scores. For “Admission Test 1” choose “waived” and for “Date Taken” enter the current month/year. International applicants are not required to provide TOEFL scores. A personal essay is not required.
Letters of Recommendation
Regardless of your recommendation provider’s delivery method, their names and contact information must be included in your application. Go to the Recommendations page (see box right: the link is at the bottom of the green column on the Apply Yourself page), click on “Recommendation Provider List,” and enter the requested information.
- Domestic: $45.00
- International: $60.00
Have one official transcript from each of the colleges/universities that you have attended sent directly from those institutions to the Graduate School:
UAB Graduate School
1720 2nd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294-0013