Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering
Ph.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)
Dr. Waldron joined the UAB School of Engineering faculty in the fall of 2008. His specialty is in the area of structural engineering with particular emphasis on bridge design and construction. Dr. Waldron has several years of consulting experience with FIGG Bridge Engineers working on the design of steel, precast concrete, and segmental, post-tensioned, concrete bridges.
Dr. Waldron’s research interests and activities include improving the durability and lowering the life-cycle cost of bridges by utilizing emerging materials, more accurately load rating bridges, and assessing and mitigating the impacts of increasing truck weights and truck volume.
- Innovative Design of the Wald Park Pedestrian Bridge in Vestavia Hills, AL, USDOT through ALDOT and the City of Vestavia Hills
- Effect of Heavier Trucks on Bridges in Alabama, USDOT through the University Transportation Center for Alabama
- Improving Load Rating Accuracy, with T. Salama, USDOT though the University Transportation Center for Alabama
- Use of Weigh-In-Motion (WIM) Data for Site-specific LRFR Bridge Rating, with N Uddin, USDOT through the University Transportation Center for Alabama
- Impact and Feasibility Study of Solutions for Doubling Heavy Vehicles with N. Uddin, USDOT through the National Center for Transportation Productivity and Management
UAB School of Engineering
mail: HOEN 331B
1530 3rd Ave S
Birmingham, AL 35294-4440