Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010
1150 10th Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294
Telephone: 205 975-3396
Image and shape analysis in various areas including healthcare and nanotechnology.
- Y. Gao, A. Tannenbaum, H. Chen, M.A. Torres, E.J. Yoshida, X. Yang, W.J. Curran, and T. Liu, Automated skin segmentation in ultrasonic evaluation of skin toxicity in breast-cancer radiotherapy,Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, 2013, Note: in press.
- Y. Gao, S. Bouix, M. Shenton, and A. Tannenbaum, Sparse texture active contour, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2013, Note: in press
- L. Zhu, Y. Gao, V. Appia, A. Yezzi, C. Arepalli, T. Faber, A. Stillman, and A. Tannenbaum, Automatic segmentation of the left atrium from MR images via variational region growing with a moments-based shape prior, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2013, Note: in press.
- L. Zhu, Y. Gao, V. Appia, A. Yezzi, C. Arepalli, T. Faber, A. Stillman, and A. Tannenbaum, Automatic delineation of the myocardial wall from CT images via shape segmentation and variational region growing, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 2013, Note: in press.
- Z. Li1 , Y. Gao1 , K.S. Moon, A. Tannenbaum, and C.P. Wong, Automatic quantification of filler dispersion in polymer composites, Polymer, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 1571-1580, 2012, 1Equal contribution.
- Y. Gao, B. Corn, D. Schifter, and A. Tannenbaum, Multiscale 3D shape representation and segmentation with applications to hippocampal/caudate extraction from brain MRI, Medical Image Analysis, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 374-385, 2012.
- Y. Gao, R. Kikinis, S. Bouix, M. Shenton, and A. Tannenbaum, A 3D interactive multi-object segmentation tool using local robust statistics driven active contours, Medical Image Analysis, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 1216-1227, 2012, The open source software of this paper got 18940 accesses as of 2013.4.10.
- Y. Gao1, Z. Li1, Z. Lin, L. Zhu, A. Tannenbaum, S. Bouix, and C.P. Wong, Automated dispersion and orientation analysis for carbon nanotube reinforced polymer composites, Nanotechnology, vol. 23, no. 43, pp. 435706-435715, 2012. 1Equal contribution.
- Y. Gao, Y. Rathi, S. Bouix, and A. Tannenbaum, Filtering in the diffeomorphism group and the registration of point sets, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 4383-4396, 2012.
- Y. Gao, R. Sandhu, G. Fichtinger, and A. Tannenbaum, A coupled global registration and segmentation framework with application to magnetic resonance prostate imagery, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1781-1794, 2010.
- Y. Gao, B. Corn, D. Schifter, and A. Tannenbaum, 3D automatic segmentation of the hippocampus using wavelets with applications to radiotherapy planning, Chapter 1, Body and Machine, Springer, Editors J. Angeles and B. Boulet and J.J. Clark and J. Kovecses and K. Siddiqi, 2010.