Facilities Human Resources/Personnel
The Office of HRM-FACILITIES coordinates, administers and provides quality control of all day-to-day human resources activities for the Facilities Division. We provide human resources advice and service to management staff and serve as the division's administrative primary liaison to the University's centralized Human Resources Department (Employment, Records, Benefits, Relations, Budget Administration, Payroll, and Compensation).
We have an open-door policy, but ask that if employees visit and/or make an appointment during work hours, it be coordinated with approval through their immediate supervisor and/or director, unless it's during break time or scheduled after work.
The Personnel Department is responsible for the following:
- Facilities Division’s medical leaves of absence
- Kiosk assistance (i.e., employment opportunities, job applications, career advancement, and Oracle/ UAB self-service applications)
- Human Resources advice and services (i.e., policies and guidelines, payroll, disciplinary action logs, data entry, etc.)
- Facilities Division job vacancies/fill vacancies
- New Hire, Rehire and Promotion Assignment Change and Termination (ACT) Document approvals
Coordinate Facilities Division Leaves of Absence; liaison between employees, departments and Employee Health for accuracy of paperwork/documentation and employees’ return to work in a timely manner
-Disciplinary Action and Policy/Guidelines Team
Reviews and monitors updates/revisions etc. for consistency, for Facilities web site, departmental notifications, etc. Forwards to Central HR.
-ACT Document/HRM Forms Team
Liaison between Facilities Division and Central HR for review of accurate information submittals