The function of the Information Technology Department within Facilities is to support the information technology needs of the division. We deploy, maintain, and support all the desktops, laptops, and servers within Facilities. We are constantly researching and evaluating the latest information systems technologies in order to further the goals of the division and train our users.
The Information Technology Department is responsible for the following:
- Desktop deployment, maintenance and support
- User support (HelpDesk)
- Facilities Management Database (Facilities.Net)
- Computerized Maintenance and Management System (Maximo)
- Central Alert Monitoring System (CAMS)
- Database, software, and web development
- Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory server support
- User training for hardware and software
- Desktop and Server virtualization
Virtualize computers to consolidate hardware for capital and energy costs savings.
Analyze life cycle cost for equipment maintained by the Division and manage work order system.
-Server Support Team
Install, maintain, update and support servers utilized by Division for building automation, data storage, database, e-mail, and web.
-HelpDesk/User Support Team
Respond to hardware and software technical issues reported by Facilities IT Users.
-Database Development and Support Team
Develop and support custom database applications for specific business functions.
-Emerging Web Technologies Team
Social Networking rewards acquisition and virtual inter-personal relationship facilitation.
-Application Support Team
Application Extender, Energy Cap, Facilities.Net, Maximo, Joomla Web Content Management System, Timberline Accounting and Estimation.