Project Management Services is responsible for managing the University’s major capital projects construction program.This includes serving as the primary point of contact for consultants, contractors, and University representatives. Additionally, the department is responsible for communicating project requirements, establishing and monitoring project budgets & schedules, monitoring project design relative to the programs and UAB Facilities Standards, and coordinating project activities between the Architect, Contractors, and University Representatives. If you are interested in learning more about our projects for bid, please register by clicking on this link.
The Project Management Services Department is responsible for the following:
- Serving as primary point of contact between the University and the Project Team throughout design, construction, and one-year warranty
- Communicating project requirements to project consultants
- Monitoring project design & construction relative to program requirements and Facilities Standards
- Establishing and monitoring project budget
- Establishing and monitoring project schedule
- Coordinating furniture and equipment selection, budget establishment, bid, and installation
- Managing project related activities between Architects, Consultants, Contractors and UAB Representatives
-Project Management Team
Overall project team leader, who manages the project budget, schedule, design & construction activities, and coordinates all project related communication between the Architect, Consultants, Contractors, and UAB Representatives
-Field Project Management Team
Represents the University during construction and Warranty Service phases of the projects, assists the Project Manager with budget & schedule oversight, coordinates construction activities that requires interface between the Contractor and UAB Representatives.
The mission of the Department of Project Management Services is to provide an environment for the successful delivery of construction projects in a timely manner from a single point of service.