Advertisement Request and Approval Process
- Requests for faculty recruitment are made via the online tool, Faculty Recruitment Request Form (FRR); http://www.uab.edu/uabforms.
- Requests are reviewed and approved electronically at the department, Dean, Vice Provost, and Provost levels. Recruitment advertisements must be approved by the Provost, Dean (or designee), Affirmative Action Officer, and department before being published.
- When final approval has been confirmed, departments will place faculty recruitment advertisements in their chosen publications and media sources (including print and online media). See Recruitment Resources Section later in this document for additional resources for faculty recruitment advertisements.
- In the meantime, Faculty Affairs posts ALL faculty recruitment advertisements to BrassRing; the university’s applicant tracking system (faculty cannot apply online; they must follow the application instructions provided in the recruitment advertisement.)
- Faculty Jobs Posting can be accessed at: http://www.hrm.uab.edu/main/employment/faculty_employment.html
- Ads posted to BrassRing are automatically posted to an online source –HigherEdJobs.com on a daily basis. Note: This process and service was implemented in January 2012, and the service is currently provided by the Office of the Vice Provost for Student and Faculty Success at no cost to schools and departments.
- Faculty Affairs sends a system email confirmation for all ads posted to BrassRing.
- Affirmative Action Officer Information. The following link directs you to a list of the university’s Affirmative Action Officers and search committee resources. http://www.uab.edu/equitydiversity/resources/committees/56
- Faculty Handbook/HR Guidelines -- http://sppublic.ad.uab.edu/policies/Documents/Faculty_Handbook_FINAL_2011-Aug-2.pdf