- Requests for faculty recruitment are made via the online tool, Faculty Recruitment Request Form (FRR); http://www.uab.edu/uabforms.
- Requests are reviewed and approved electronically at the department, Dean, Vice Provost, and Provost levels. Recruitment advertisements must be approved by the Provost, Dean (or designee), Affirmative Action Officer, and department before being published.
- When final approval has been confirmed, departments will place faculty recruitment advertisements in their chosen publications and media sources (including print and online media). See Recruitment Resources Section later in this document for additional resources for faculty recruitment advertisements.
In the meantime, Faculty Affairs posts ALL faculty recruitment advertisements to the UAB Faculty Jobs site / HigherEdJobs.com (faculty cannot apply online; they must follow the application instructions provided in the recruitment advertisement).
- All faculty position announcements are listed on HigherEdJobs.com at NO COST to UAB colleges, schools, and departments. This recruitment is provided by the Office of the Provost.
- Faculty Affairs sends a system email confirmation for all ads posted to the UAB Faculty Jobs site / HigherEdJobs.com.
- Affirmative Action Officer Information - a list of the university’s Affirmative Action Officers and search committee resources.
- Faculty Handbook/HR Guidelines
Continue to Advertisement Content Requirements or return to Faculty Recruitment Advertising Overview.