- Requests for faculty recruitment are made via the online tool, Faculty Recruitment Request Form (FRR); http://www.uab.edu/uabforms.
- Requests are reviewed and approved electronically at the department, Dean, Vice Provost, and Provost levels. Recruitment advertisements must be approved by the Provost, Dean (or designee), Affirmative Action Officer, and department before being published.
- When final approval has been confirmed, departments will place faculty recruitment advertisements in their chosen publications and media sources (including print and online media). See Recruitment Resources Section later in this document for additional resources for faculty recruitment advertisements. In the meantime, Faculty Affairs posts ALL faculty recruitment advertisements to the UAB Faculty Jobs site / HigherEdJobs.com (faculty cannot apply online; they must follow the application instructions provided in the recruitment advertisement).
- All faculty position announcements are listed on HigherEdJobs.com at NO COST to UAB colleges, schools, and departments. This recruitment is provided by the Office of the Provost.
- Faculty Affairs sends a system email confirmation for all ads posted to the UAB Faculty Jobs site / HigherEdJobs.com.
- Affirmative Action Officer Information - a list of the university’s Affirmative Action Officers and search committee resources.
- Faculty Handbook/HR Guidelines
The Faculty Recruitment and Advertisement Guide aims to help departments effectively manage and organize faculty recruitment activities and advertisements to ensure that all required procedures and policies are adhered to throughout the faculty recruitment, selection, and hiring/appointment process.
General guidelines for faculty recruitment advertisements.
Advertisement Request and Approval Process
How to request approval to post a faculty advertisement.
Advertisement Content Requirements
Essential content elements for a faculty recruitment advertisement.
Process for Closing a Faculty Recruitment Advertisement
How to close and remove a faculty recruitment advertisement.
Department of Labor Requirements for Labor Certifications
Requirements for faculty advertisements that are posted on the web.
Advertising Templates and Samples
Faculty recruitment advertisements samples and templates.
Faculty Data Form
Record of faculty appointments, changes in promotion and tenure, and more.
Faculty Recruitment Resources
Resources to assist with advertisement pricing, development, and placement.
Faculty Recruitment Advertisement FAQs
Common questions about faculty recruitment advertisements, and their answers.
Faculty Recruitment: Initial Phase of the Process
Details of the process from school approval to posting the position.
Faculty Recruitment Request Extensions
How to extend a faculty recruitment request beyond two years.
Faculty Recruitment Resource - HigherEdJobs.com
An additional faculty recruitment resource.
Faculty Appointment Letter Templates
Standard guidelines and practices for creating faculty and credentialed course instructor appointment/hire letters.
Appointment Action Summary Form
Required only if appointment to full-time regular faculty at Associate Professor with Tenure/Professor
Voluntary Affirmative Action Self-Identification Survey Program
For Faculty Applicants/Candidates