Faculty Recruitment Advertisement FAQs
- How do I know when it is acceptable for me to place my ad with a publication?
The FRR requestor receives an email notification when the FRR has been completely approved. At this point, you can place your ad with a media source/publication. Additionally, Faculty Affairs sends an email notification to let you know when your advertisement has been posted to BrassRing.
- Does UAB offer external resources for faculty recruitment advertisements?
Yes. The University of Alabama at Birmingham has partnered with Graystone Group Advertising and HigherEdJobs.com to offer our departments and units additional resources for faculty recruitment advertisement placements.
- How can I get a faculty position posted to the UAB Employment Web site?
All faculty positions are posted to BrassRing (an HR job posting tool/applicant management system) by the Faculty Affairs Office. Posting are listed to the site as soon as the Faculty Recruitment Request is fully approved.
- How can I get assistance creating a faculty recruitment ad?
UAB offers faculty recruitment advertisement templates and; Graystone Group Advertising can offer one-on-one assistance to create ad copy and layout that will meet the UAB Branding Standards.
- When might I not need to advertise a faculty position?
02- Full-time temporary, 04- Irregular, and 60-Volunteer faculty positions do not requirement advertisement. However, some departments may choose to advertise for full-time temporary (especially visiting) faculty positions.
- What if I am searching for multiple faculty candidates/filling multiple faculty positions?
If you are searching for multiple faculty positions, one advertisement is sufficient for all, provided that all of the “required elements” are included in the ad. And, the ad must specific that multiple positions are open for recruitment. A separate FRR must be submitted and approved for each position.
- How do I know that my faculty advertisement is in compliance?
A faculty recruitment advertisement meets compliance standards, if:
- It has been reviewed and approved by the Affirmative Action Officer;
- It was placed in two national publications that have a broad circulation (or one publication for two runs);
- It the advertisement has been placed for a minimum of 30 days;
- If it contains the university’s approved affirmative action/diversity and inclusion statement -- UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- Where can I find sample faculty recruitment advertisements?
Here are some sample faculty recruitment advertisements. The sample advertisements meet the required UAB style, branding, and content guidelines.
- What if I am using a search firm to handle the recruitment of faculty position?
UAB departments often utilize the services of a recruitment search firm (i.e. Quick, Leonard & Kieffer; Greenwood & Associates) to manage their faculty recruitment process. This practice is acceptable by the university. However, all university, federal and state guidelines must be adhered to just the same as if the search is managed internally.