Nominate yourself or a colleague to serve on the Faculty Senate — Participate in shared governance as a voice for faculty while fulfilling a service requirement. All faculty who have a primary appointment as "faculty" and are eligible for the Teachers Retirement System are eligible to serve as Senators.
Nominations are being accepted on the Faculty Senate Voting webpage from Thursday March 17, 2016 until Sunday April 10, 2016. Nominations are being taken for Senate Chair-elect, Secretary of the Faculty, and Senators for every school and for the Libraries.
Benefits of serving as a Faculty Senate member include:
- Being more informed: Obtaining a deeper and broader understanding of university-wide activities, initiatives, goals and mission.
- Being more connected: Opportunities to build relationships and network with faculty across all academic units and with Administration.
- Actively implement shared governance: Contribute to the ongoing support and implementation of shared governance.
- Achieving goals: Work collaboratively to help UAB achieve excellence in teaching, research and community outreach.
- Opportunities for input: Express and discuss faculty concerns with UAB leadership
- Fulfill a school or university service requirement
You may review the mission of the Faculty Senate and the positions descriptions.
Please note that the webpage’s nomination form may experience compatibility issues with certain computers or browsers; the simple fix is to change your browser to compatibility mode; easy instructions are available on the nomination webpage.