UAB has recently signed a contract with HigherEdJobs.com to offer all academic departments an additional recruitment resource for faculty jobs postings. This service will augment current recruiting efforts by disseminating openings to one of higher education’s largest audiences.
Today, HigherEdJobs is the leading source for jobs and career information in academia. During 2010, more than 4,250 colleges and universities posted over 79,330 faculty, administrative, and executive job postings to the company’s website. HigherEdJobs is now visited over 2.3 million times a month by 1,008,000 people (verified by Google Analytics).
- This resource will now be provided by the Office of the Vice Provost for Student and Faculty Success at NO COST to all academic departments.
- Beginning January 10, 2012, HigherEdJobs will sweep UAB’s academic job postings automatically and electronically post them on their site UAB's Profile.
- HigherEdJobs will perform this sweep daily and will also direct candidates to UAB’s website.
- (Note: All faculty jobs posted to BrassRing will include a link to the respective college/school/department Website.)
- Jobs will be posted, edited, and removed in accordance with how they appear on UAB's employment site.
I encourage all deans, department chairs, and members of search committees to visit HigherEdJobs.com for more information. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kevin Varner at 814-861-3080 x204, or mail to:
In addition, if you have any questions about this new resource, please contact Janice Ward at 996-7230.