UAB Human Resources conducts New Employee Orientation for all incoming, full-time employees. These sessions are optional for faculty, because you can get all required information online via the New Faculty Onboarding website. However, your college, school, or department may have additional required orientation.
If you choose to attend an HR New Employee Orientation session, you may view the schedule here.
UAB Human Resources also provides support to the institution through the departments of Benefits, the Child Care Center, Compensation, Training and Development, the Employee Assistance Program, Employee Relations, Employment, and Temporary Services, HR Data and Administrative Systems Services, HR Records, and Employee Health.
As a new faculty member, HR can help walk you through:
- completing your I-9 form
- new employee orientation
- setting up direct deposit for payroll
- setting up your BlazerID and email
- choosing health, vision, and dental insurance
- required contributions to the Teacher's Retirement plan
- voluntary contributions to other retirement plans
- educational assistance and tuition plans
- additional insurance plans and benefits