Nominate yourself or a colleague to serve on the Faculty Senate. Service counts towards school or university service requirements.
Nominate yourself or a colleague to serve on the Faculty Senate: Participate in shared governance as a voice for faculty and be involved in discussions and decisions that shape the university and guide our mission, while fulfilling a service requirement. All faculty who have a primary appointment as "faculty," are eligible for the Teachers Retirement System, and are available to attend Senate meetings in person, are eligible to serve as Senators.
Nominations are being accepted on the Faculty Senate Voting webpage from Wednesday April 19, 2017 through Monday May 1, 2017 (11:00pm).
Nominations are being taken for Senate Chair-elect, Secretary of the Faculty, and Senators for every school and for the Libraries. The Senate is currently pursuing approval to change the name of the “Secretary of the Faculty” to "Associate Chair of the Faculty." Details are available online.
Benefits of serving as a Faculty Senate member include:
- Being more informed: Obtaining a deeper and broader understanding of university-wide activities, initiatives, goals and mission.
- Being more connected: Opportunities to build relationships and network with faculty across all academic units and with Administration.
- Actively implement shared governance: Contribute to the ongoing support and implementation of shared governance.
- Achieving goals: Work collaboratively to help UAB achieve excellence in teaching, research and community outreach.
- Opportunities for input: Express and discuss faculty concerns with UAB leadership
- Fulfill a school or university service requirement
Please note that the webpage’s nomination form may experience compatibility issues with certain computers or browsers; the simple fix is to change your browser to compatibility mode; easy instructions are available on the nomination webpage.
Note: Voting will take place May 10th-17th, on the same webpage.