|First Half Term||Second Half Term||Full Term|
|Course selection begin||1/15/16||1/15/16||1/15/16|
|Course selection end||1/20/16||3/17/16||2/8/16|
|Courses uploaded to IDEA||1/21/16||3/18/16||2/10/16|
|School-wide questions begin||1/22/16||3/21/16||2/11/16|
|School-wide questions end||1/29/16||3/28/16||2/18/16|
|Faculty Information Form begin||2/1/16||3/29/16||2/19/16|
|Faculty Information Form end||2/8/16||4/4/16||3/4/16|
|Student responses begin||2/9/16||4/5/16||4/14/16|
|Student responses end||2/15/16||4/15/16||4/24/16|
|Summer 14 Week||Summer May||Summer 10 Week||Summer A||Summer B|
|Course selection begin||4/14/16||4/14/16||4/14/16||4/14/16||4/14/16|
|Course selection end||5/13/16||5/13/16||5/13/16||5/13/16||5/13/16|
|Courses uploaded to IDEA||6/12/16||5/17/16||7/1/16||5/23/16||7/12/16|
|School-wide questions begin||6/13/16||5/18/16||7/2/16||5/24/16||7/13/16|
|School-wide questions end||6/27/16||5/20/16||7/9/16||5/31/16||7/20/16|
|Faculty Information Form begin||6/28/16||5/21/16||7/10/16||6/1/16||7/21/16|
|Faculty Information Form end||7/12/16||5/24/16||7/20/16||6/8/16||7/28/16|
|Student responses begin||7/22/16||5/25/16||7/22/16||6/12/16||7/31/16|
|Student responses end||8/5/16||6/2/16||8/5/16||6/22/16||8/10/16|
|Process IDEA Surveys|
The rules driving the IDEA course survey dates are as follows:
- School Coordinators/ Department Chairpersons will have three weeks for course selection.
- Courses are uploaded to the IDEA site two days after course selection ends (this may take 1-2 days).
- School-wide questions are added after courses are uploaded to IDEA and prior to the IDEA Faculty Information Form (FIF) period beginning.
- Faculty have 7-10 business days to complete the FIF depending on the length of the term.
- Students have 7-10 days to complete the course evaluations prior to the start of exams.
- Special alterations related to unique situations within departments should be handled by the School Coordinators.
- School Coordinators order school-specific reports through IDEA Online.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning can give support for interpreting IDEA survey results and finding other ways to assess quality teaching.
- Academic Calendar: https://www.uab.edu/students/academics/academic-calendar
- The IDEA Center: http://www.theideacenter.org/