|Spring 2017 IDEA Dates||First half term (A)||Second half term (B)||Full term|
|Course selection begin||01/03/2017||01/03/2017||01/03/2017|
|Course selection end||01/12/2017||03/10/2017||01/18/2017|
|Courses uploaded to IDEA||01/13/2017||03/13/2017||03/06/2017|
|School-wide questions begin||01/17/2017||03/14/2017||03/07/2017|
|School-wide questions end||01/20/2017||03/21/2017||03/14/2017|
|Faculty Information Form begin||01/21/2017||03/22/2017||03/15/2017|
|Faculty Information Form end||02/05/2017||04/05/2017||03/22/2017|
|Student responses begin||02/06/2017||04/08/2017||04/07/2017|
|Student responses end||02/23/2017||04/26/2017||04/21/2017|
The rules driving the IDEA course survey dates are as follows:
- School Coordinators/ Department Chairpersons will have 14-21 days for course selection, except for Term A/B. Term A/B selection times vary between 7-10 days due to the shorter term.
- Course selection is done in BlazerNet in the IDEA Menu.
- Courses are uploaded to the IDEA site after add/drop date, and if possible, after withdrawal dates.
- School-wide questions are added after courses are uploaded to IDEA and prior to the IDEA Faculty Information Form (FIF) period beginning.
- Faculty have 7-10 business days to complete the FIF depending on the length of the term.
- Students have 7-14 days to complete the course evaluations and are closed on the last day of class.
- Special alterations related to unique situations within departments should be handled by the School Coordinators.
- School Coordinators order school-specific reports through IDEA Online.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning can give support for interpreting IDEA survey results and finding other ways to assess quality teaching.
- Academic Calendar
- The IDEA Center (course site for administrators to add questions and other responsibilities as it relates to your department)
- If an administrator has changed for your department, email firstname.lastname@example.org