UAB is a large and complex institution consisting of 12 Colleges and Schools. There are policies and procedures applicable University-wide and there are policies unique to each School or College within the University, as well as policies within each Department, Center and Institute.
The Ombuds Office can assist visitors to understand the various policies and how they interact. We can educate visitors as to the existence of policies that the visitor was previously unaware of - as well as help to interpret the policy language.
In addition, UAB provides many resources to assist its community members manage all areas of academic, work and life issues. This section of the website contains a list of some of the available resources within UAB as well as resources that exist outside of UAB that may be of interest to faculty.
UAB Resources List
- Affirmative Action – Equal Employment Opportunity
- AWARE Program (Assistance for Employees with Disabilities)
- Behavioral Threat Assessment and Management Team
- Campus Police
- Compliance Office
- Employee Assistance and Counseling Center
- Employee Wellness
- Faculty Handbook
- Faculty Senate
- Human Resources
- Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Organizational Learning & Development
- UAB HIPAA Core Policies
- UAB Organizational Chart
- “You and UAB” Handbook