- Hire a Blazer (formerly DragonTrail Jobs) - online career management and job/internship site available to all UAB students
- Focus - online self-assessment that provides information to help students find the major or career field that best matches their abilities, interests, and values
- InterviewStream - provides students the opportunity to participate in a virtual mock interview; accessible through DragonTrail
- Resume Builder - a module in DragonTrail Jobs which provides students with an 5-step online resume building process.
- Career Enhancement Videos - brief videos on various career topics to help students present themselves in a compelling and effective manner
- GoinGlobal - online program offering assistance to international and domestic students looking for information and opportunities on cultures, trends, and jobs/internships in the U.S. and abroad
- Presentation Request Form - request a presentation from UAB Career & Professional Development varying in length from brief orientations to extended seminar series or class sessions.
Classroom Career Tools
Resources provided by UAB Career & Professional Development
Campus Recreation Center
The Campus Recreation Center offers faculty the best opportunities for recreation and fitness in the area.
Links to Frequently Used Web Addresses
Links to frequently used web addresses.
Parking and Transportation
A parking permit is required for access to UAB parking decks and lots. Free bus service is also available through Blazer Express.
Training and Development
Human Resources offers faculty and staff training.
There are numerous sources for on-campus news and information, from subscription-based emails, to in-depth news features, to dozens of social media channels.
Safety & Security
UAB has an accredited police force that patrols the area 24 hours a day, help phones across campus, and late-night, on-demand safety escorts.
Faculty Guide for Responding to Student Emergencies
Workshops at the UAB Libraries
Online registration is available for workshops hosted at Lister Hill Library and Sterne Library.
Benefits and Policies
Medical, pharmacy, dental, and vision plans, retirement programs, employee discounts, holidays, and other time off.
Faculty Handbook and Policies & Procedures Library
The UAB Policies and Procedures Library is a repository of all current university-wide policies and associated procedures, including the Faculty Handbook.
Requests for External or Internal Activity Approval
Approval is required prior to participating in external or internal activities as described in the UAB Enterprise Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment Policy.