The rules driving the IDEA course survey dates are as follows:
- School Coordinators/ Department Chairpersons select courses between the last Drop/Add date and the last Withdraw date.
- Courses are uploaded to the IDEA site after the last Withdraw date (this may take 1-2 days).
- School-wide questions are added after courses are uploaded to IDEA and prior to the IDEA Faculty Information Form (FIF) period beginning.
- Faculty have 7-10 business days to complete the FIF depending on the length of the term.
- Students have 7-10 days to complete the course evaluations prior to the start of exams.
- Special alterations related to unique situations within departments should be handled by the School Coordinators.
- School Coordinators order school-specific reports through IDEA Online.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning can give support for interpreting IDEA survey results and finding other ways to assess quality teaching.
- Academic Calendar: https://www.uab.edu/students/academics/academic-calendar
- The IDEA Center: http://www.theideacenter.org/
(The link to the course site is at the bottom of the page below “Services” IDEA Online).