|First Half Term||Second Half Term||Full Term|
|Course selection begin||8/28/15||10/23/15||9/1/15|
|Course selection end||9/18/15||11/14/15||10/26/15|
|Courses uploaded to IDEA||9/21/15||11/16/15||10/27/15|
|School-wide questions begin||9/22/15||11/19/15||10/28/15|
|School-wide questions end||9/25/15||11/23/15||11/4/15|
|Faculty Information Form begin||9/26/15||11/24/15||11/5/15|
|Faculty Information Form end||10/1/15||12/3/15||11/17/15|
|Student responses begin||10/2/15||12/4/15||11/19/15|
|Student responses end||10/9/15||12/11/15||12/7/15|
The rules driving the IDEA course survey dates are as follows:
- School Coordinators/ Department Chairpersons select courses between the last Drop/Add date and the last Withdraw date.
- Courses are uploaded to the IDEA site after the last Withdraw date (this may take 1-2 days).
- School-wide questions are added after courses are uploaded to IDEA and prior to the IDEA Faculty Information Form (FIF) period beginning.
- Faculty have 7-10 business days to complete the FIF depending on the length of the term.
- Students have 7-10 days to complete the course evaluations prior to the start of exams.
- Special alterations related to unique situations within departments should be handled by the School Coordinators.
- School Coordinators order school-specific reports through IDEA Online.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning can give support for interpreting IDEA survey results and finding other ways to assess quality teaching.
- Academic Calendar: https://www.uab.edu/students/academics/academic-calendar
- The IDEA Center: http://www.theideacenter.org/