Vacation and Sick Leave - graduate students are allowed 15 days per calendar year for vacation and/or sick leave. In the first year, vacation requests must be approved by both the theme administration and the rotation mentor. In later years, the student's permanent mentor must approve leave time. Without this required approval, a student cannot take leave. STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED to notify the Theme Office of any leave.
Holidays - students should be aware of UAB's typical holidays. Although students are not expected to attend classes, etc. on official holidays, they should understand that they may be required to be in the lab should the mentor need them or to take care of animals, etc.
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr Holiday (3rd Monday in January)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving (4th Thursday + Friday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)