Year-End Giving Instructions
Make a gift online today.
- Make a gift online today.
- IRS regulations consider a credit card gift made at the moment it is processed. Therefore, the UAB Gift Records office must receive mailed-in credit card gifts by December 31, 2014, in order to ensure 2014 tax deduction eligibility. If the credit card gift is not processed by December 31, 2014, it will be considered a 2015 charitable contribution. Gifts made (and completed) using our online secure credit card site before midnight on December 31, 2014, will be counted in 2014.
- Make your credit card gift by phone by calling 205-934-7242 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Note that our office is closed on Thursday, December 25th, and Friday, December 26th.
Please make your check payable to The University of Alabama at Birmingham. If you wish to designate your gift to a certain area, please write that in the memo line of the check.
The mailing address is:
UAB Gift Records
1720 2nd Ave. South
Birmingham, AL 35294-0112
In Person and Other Delivery Methods
- You may hand-deliver your gift to Gift Records between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. up to December 31, 2014. Please note that we are closed on Thursday, December 25th, and Friday, December 26th.
- UAB Gift Records is located at 701 20th Street South, Suite AB 1230 (Administration Building).
- You may use an alternate shipping method as long as the check is received and signed for by our office prior to 4 p.m. on December 31, 2014.
Gifts of Stock or Securities
Gifts of appreciated securities are a great way to make charitable contributions. These transfer instructions will help you make your gift.
Faculty/Staff Giving Information
Establishing payroll deduction is easy online.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-934-7242 should you have any questions regarding year-end giving. For information about a specific school, department, or unit, please contact the Development Director assigned to that area.
Development Contact List