Newly Admitted Students
If you have not already done so, please visit ApplyYourself and log in using your original pin and password to complete the enrollment form in order to notify the Graduate School of your decision concerning enrollment. This does not pertain to any applicant who applied via SOPHAS or to any applicant under non-degree status.
PRIOR TO REGISTRATION
- Visit BlazerID Central to create your Blazer ID and password. Please take note of the date that appears on the top of your admission letter. You will not be eligible to establish your Blazer ID and password until the following day.
- Complete the B-Alert Information Form
- Carefully read the Immunization Policy and submit proof of required vaccinations to the Registrar’s Office. *This policy has been recently updated effective for the fall 2011 term. All new students must adhere to the new policy. Former UAB students are also required to adhere to the revised immunization policy.
- Meet with your program-issued academic advisor for help with course selection. Please contact your graduate department (http://www.uab.edu/graduate/graduate-catalog/68-graduate-program-directory) for more information.
- Use your BlazerID and strong password to access BlazerNET. Click on the STUDENT RESOURCES tab to view the class schedule and register.
- WEB REGISTRATION
- Consult the Academic Calendar for important registration dates and payment deadlines.
- For more information regarding estimated tuition and payments, visit When to Pay.
- Student Health Service participation is required for all students in the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Joint Health Sciences, Public Health, Optometry, Health Professions, all international students, and students in the following programs: Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, and Psychology. Students in the preceding areas are also required to have major medical insurance to cover hospital, emergency room, specialty care referrals, and lab/xray costs which are not included in the basic Student Health plan. More information regarding the Student Health Service can be found at http://www.uab.edu/studenthealth/medical-clearance/web-based-medical-clearance.