1. How can I submit a request for information?
Applicants can request graduate admissions information by emailing the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling at (205) 934-8227.
2. How do I apply to the Graduate School?
Applicants must create an account via ApplyYourself, complete and submit the Graduate School online application, and pay the non-refundable application fee. To apply online, click here!
3. What are the program’s required application materials and admission deadlines?
Many academic programs have additional requirements beyond the Graduate School’s minimum requirements. Applicants are encouraged to consult the department for specific requirements and deadlines related to their intended program of study.
4. How do I check my application status?
You can check your application status by logging into ApplyYourself with your unique PIN and password.
5.When will I be notified of my admissions decision?
The timeline for the graduate admissions process varies based on your individual circumstances and the program to which you have applied. Click here for an overview of the application process.
6. I am unable to attend for the semester in which I was admitted. Am I able to postpone my start date?
Students wishing to defer their admission should submit theRequest to Defer Admission by the following deadlines: November 1 (if deferring to the spring term), April 1 (if deferring to the summer term), and July 1 (if deferring to the fall term
7. If I was previously admitted to a graduate program but am not currently attending, am I eligible for readmission?
· Students who have been enrolled within the past three (3) semesters do not need to apply for readmission.
· Students who have not registered for three (3) consecutive semesters will be changed to inactive student status and must apply for readmission via the readmission application before they will be able to register for courses at UAB.
· Students who have been away from the university for more than five (5) years must complete a new application for admission.
8. I currently attend another institution but would like to transfer to UAB. What is the process?
Transfer students are subject to the same admissions requirements as all other applicants. Information regarding transfer credit can be found in the Graduate Catalog.
9. Where is the Graduate School located?
The Graduate School’s location, office hours, and mailing address can be found here.
10. Where can I locate tuition and fees?
For all questions regarding tuition, fees, and financial aid, please refer to UAB’s Detailed Tuition and Fees.