Publication Agreement for Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD)
Submission of this form indicates your agreement with the following statements:
- The final ETD I am submitting to the Graduate School is the version of my thesis or dissertation that was approved by my advisory committee.
- If appropriate, I have obtained and submitted written permission statements from the owner(s) of each third party copyrighted item included in my thesis or dissertation (e.g., tables, figures, and graphics). Such third-party owned material is clearly identified and acknowledged within the text.
- If my research involved the use of human or animal subjects, a copy of the appropriate, current IRB and/or IACUC approval appears in an appendix.
- I grant to UAB and its agents the non-exclusive license to archive and make accessible, under the conditions specified below, my thesis or dissertation, in whole or in part in all forms of media, now or hereafter known. I retain all ownership rights to the copyright of the thesis or dissertation. I also retain the right to use in future works (such as articles or books) all or part of this thesis or dissertation.
If you agree with the above statements, fill out each required field (marked with an asterisk) and hit the submit button at the bottom of the page.
Navigate between fields with the tab key or mouse. Hitting the Enter key will end your session and submit the form.
Your name as it is shown on your Graduate School records:*
Level of Degree (Master’s; Doctoral) *
UAB Department *
Date of Graduation:* (e.g., Summer 2008; Fall 2008)
Title of your Document. Enter the exact title of your thesis or dissertation. Use both upper and lower case (DO NOT USE ALL CAPS) and appropriate internal punctuation:*
Enter at least one and up to 6 keywords or short phrases for citation indices, library cataloging, and database searching*
I agree that the above-mentioned document be placed in the ETD digital library with the following status: (choose one)
- Open Access: Make the entire work freely available immediately for access worldwide.
Restricted Access: Block access to the entire work both on the UAB campus and worldwide to protect the work for patent and/or proprietary purposes for a period of
6 months, 1 year, or 2 years (choose one). After the designated time, the entire work will be released worldwide.
NOTE: Extension of any restriction beyond 2 years requires approval by the Graduate School in the form of a written request describing the reason for delayed release. I agree to hold UAB harmless in the event of inadvertent release of restricted material.
Print this page for your records before submitting.