UAB Graduate Catalog
Welcome to ever-expanding world of UAB research. For an overview of what’s happening at one of the top-ranked research universities in the U.S., click on Research at UAB and UAB in the News. You’ll learn about our more than 100 Research Centers, administration, oversight, announcements, and funding opportunities, plus catch up on the latest headlines in scientific breakthroughs and academic advances.
- If you’re interested in presenting at the prestigious UAB Graduate Student Research Days, click on this link to find out how and when to apply. Entering the national research environment? Prepare by exploring sites like the Federal Office for Research Integrity and the National Center for Research Resources (NCRR), a component of the National Institutes of Health.
- To network and capture opportunities in today’s diverse workplace, check out our ADVANCE program, administered by the Office for the Advancement of Women in Science and Engineering.
- Connect with off-campus experts in your field by visiting the Southern Research Institute, a leading independent, not-for-profit center for scientific research. The Institute promotes scientific discovery and technology development in the areas of life sciences, engineering, energy, and the environment.
- Got a bright idea? Don’t stop at the laboratory. Take it to the next level: Business. Get entrepreneurial support at UAB’s idea incubator in the Office for the Advancement of Developing Industries (OADI.)
- Ready to write up research and get results? Visit the Graduate School’s Professional Development Program for information on research and grant-writing workshops, in addition to other speaking, presentation and academic writing courses.
Summer Research Expo
Undergraduate researchers from UAB and other institutions of higher education across the nation will present their summer research.
Graduate Student Research Days
The Ireland Awards are a series of research travel and tuition awards to encourage students to "catch the research bug."
Project for Scholarly Integrity
The University of Alabama at Birmingham provides graduate TAs training in responsible conduct of research