Funding to Outside Organizations
UAB Student Group Supplemental Funding
Student groups are eligible to apply for funding supplements from the GSA for group-sponsored activities. The goal of GSA funds is to provide activities that promote the interaction of graduate students and benefit the UAB graduate student community as a whole.
Please see the pages below for guidelines and proposal applications. After reading these pages, if you have any questions, e-mail the GSA Treasurer.
Single Event Funding
- Single Event Funding is meant to provide supplemental funding to student groups throughout the year.
- This funding is limited to UAB student groups and is not transferrable to other events.
- The STEPP Program was designed to provide a funding mechanism for graduate student groups focused on professional development.
- This funding is limited to UAB student groups and can be used at the group’s discretion for the academic year, but is subject to an end of year review by the GSA Budget Committee.
- Applications are due at the beginning of each academic year and renewals are subject to review by the GSA Budget Committee at the end of the academic year.
- Funds not used within the UAB fiscal year (Oct-Sept) are forfeited