Student HealthCLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON STUDENT HEALTH WEBSITE
Student Health Services is not an emergency facility.
- In a life-threatening emergency, dial 911, or go to the UAB Emergency Department (on the corner of 6th Ave. South and 18th St. South), the UAB Highlands Emergency Department (1201 11th Ave. South) or the nearest Emergency Department.
- For urgent mental health concerns when SHS is closed go to the UAB Emergency Department, UAB Highlands Emergency Department or the nearest Emergency Department.
- For eye emergencies, dial 911 or go directly to the Callahan Eye Foundation Emergency Department , open 24 hours/7 days a week, located at 1720 University Blvd. or go to the UAB or UAB Highlands Emergency Department.
- If you have been sexually assaulted, please contact the UAB Police Department at 934-3535 or dial 911; they will direct you appropriately. For more details, including a Guide for Victims of Sexual Assault, please visit the Women's Counseling Center website.
Student Health Servicesis located in the Family and Community Medicine Building at 930 20th Street South, Suite 221. The Community Health Building sits on the corner of 10th Avenue South and 20th Street. There is free parking in the Family Practice parking lot on the north side of the building.
- 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (M-Th)
- 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (F)
- **Closed daily from 12:00-1:00**
Call 205-934-3581 to schedule an appointment.
Walk-In Acute Illness Hours
- 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. (M-F). In order to better serve our patients, walk-ins will be limited to acute illnesses and injuries. All routine appointments, follow ups, routine procedures and referral requests will require an appointment.
Walk-In Immunizations, Titer Tests, and TB Tests
- Immunizations, Titer Tests, & TB tests are given from 8:00-11:30 & 1:00-4:30
- (Except on Friday 8:00-11:30 & 1:00-4:00)
- On Wednesdays TB tests are not placed after 2:00
- On Thursdays TB tests are not placed at all.
If you are having an emergency call 911.
If you have an illness and need advice/assistance when the Student Health Service office is closed (nights, weekends, and holidays), call the university paging operator at (205) 934-3411 and ask for the doctor on-call for Student Health Services. This will also be the doctor on-call for UAB Family Practice.
If you have UAB Student VIVA Health insurance, you can also go to the after hours and weekend clinics that VIVA has listed on their website: www.vivahealth.com.If you ever experience any problems with our after-hours service please contact our Medical Director, Dr. Michael Faircloth, at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any difficulties.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON STUDENT HEALTH WEBSITE