How do I apply?
A: UAB and UAB Medicine utilizes an online application process. Each job we post online has a unique identification number. Within each job description, we list the job title and position requirements necessary to be considered qualified for the position. Applications will be considered only for current job vacancies. Follow these tips to apply for a position:
On the job search page, search by job field, job location, posting date, or job schedule. Use the advanced search button for other search field options. Once you find the job of interest, click Apply. New Users must create an account after clicking apply.
Create an Account
After clicking apply, click New User. If you accept the privacy agreement, click I accept. Follow the guidelines to create a user name and password and click register.
Resumes are recommended but not required. Acceptable formats for uploading a resume are Word (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) files. Uploading a resume that is in a text format will assist in completing your application automatically (word, pdf, etc.) .Scanned resumes and other formats are not acceptable and will not be read by our system.
Note: Please thoroughly and accurately complete all requested information in the application even after uploading a resume. Incomplete applications may not be given full consideration. Responses such as "See Resume" are considered incomplete.
Cover letters are recommended but not required. To include a cover letter, you must upload a Word (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) file at the attachment step of the application. It is not necessary to address a cover letter to a specific person.
How do I know my application was submitted successfully?
An automated email confirming receipt of your application will be sent when an application is successfully submitted. If you do not receive an email notification, please check your spam folder or sign in to your account to review your “my job page” tab.
If you are selected for further review, a member of our HR department or the hiring manager will contact you.
How do I check the status of my application?
You may track the progress of your application by signing in and clicking the “My Job Page” tab. You will see the status of your application by the position. You can click the status to review the meaning.
Will there be a background check?
A successful candidate will have a complete background screening conducted. This background screening includes but is not limited to the following:
- Social Security number trace
- Local, state, and federal criminal conviction records including an Office Inspector General/General Services Administration (OIG/GSA) check
- Past employment and education history
- Professional licensure/certification
- Moving Vehicle Report (where required)
Who do I contact for special assistance?
UAB supports the employment and advancement of persons with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process are invited to request assistance. UAB works in close coordination with the Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services.
For more information regarding the employment of persons with disabilities, contact the Employee Relations AWARE Coordinator at 205-975-9973.
What do I do if I forgot my Username and/or Password?
From the job search page, click "sign in" at the top right of the page. From the sign in page, select "forgot your username?" and/or "forgot your password?" Follow the directions provided.
I attempted to submit my application, but the web site indicated that there was an error. What should I do now?
Our system supports the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8 and above (Please also make sure Compatibility Mode is unchecked from the Tools menu in Internet Explorer)
- Firefox 19 or higher
- Apple Safari
- Note: Chrome is not a supported browser. Please use one of the listed supported browsers for best results.
I am trying to submit my application, but am experiencing technical difficulties with the Diversity Survey page. What do I do?
The current recommendation is to:
- Clear your browser cache and cookies and then restart your browser.
- Complete your application in a supported browser: Internet Explorer 8 and above (Please also make sure Compatibility Mode is unchecked from the Tools menu in Internet Explorer), Firefox 19 or higher, or Apple Safari
- For IE users, turn off browser Compatibility Mode
- Confirm you have the most recent versions of the following applications:
If you still experience problems, please try a computer that has been updated to the recommendations above to complete your online application.
What type of file should I use when uploading my resume?
To upload a resume, please use Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF (.pdf) formats. Scanned resumes may not work with the parsing function and other formats are not readable by our systems.
Why isn't information from the resume that I uploaded going into the correct application fields?
Resumes must be in a text format (i.e. Microsoft Word or PDF files) rather than an object format (i.e. scanned document) for proper parsing of the information.
How will the Recruiter and/or Hiring Manager contact me?
Recruiters or Hiring Managers will contact you by phone or email. Please make sure your profile information is up to date at all times.
I don’t have a computer. May I mail my resume to you?
May I submit my resume without specifying interest in a particular position or job requisition number?
You may create a profile and save to your account but the profile must be submitted for all positions you wish to be considered for.&
May I apply for more than one position at a time?
No, you must apply to each position separately.
If a job was posted a few months ago and is still posted on the jobs website, is it really still open?
Yes. If a job is listed on our website, it is considered open. Some jobs take longer to fill than others and may remain open for longer periods of time.
I started an application but was unable to finish it. Now I do not see the position online. Can I complete my application?
You will not be able to complete a submission for a position that is no longer posted to our website.
Where do I go if I am interested in a faculty or teaching position?
Please visit the faculty openings website to view open faculty positions at UAB.
Still have questions?
Call or email:
UAB Recruitment Services
Phone: (205) 934-5246
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Time.
NOTE: We do not accept applications or resumes through this email box. All candidates are required to apply online.
- UAB Hospital - please contact 205.934.4681 for questions regarding job listings. If you need to visit the office to complete the online application, please go to the Employment Office located at 701 20th Street in Room 110 of the Administration Building.
- UAB Health System - please contact 205.975.7705 or visit Suite 116, John Whitaker Bldg, 500 22nd Street
- UAB Highlands - please contact 205.934.4681 for questions regarding job listings. If you need to visit the office to complete the online application, please go to the Employment Office located at 701 20th Street in Room 110 of the Administration Building.