Give to UAB
Policies & Handbooks
Temporary Services Referral Guidelines and Referral Form
* Please read the following guidelines COMPLETELY before proceeding. Thank you!
• Eligible jobs include only entry-level Temporary Services jobs in the following departments: Environmental Services, Guest Services, Food Services, Building Services and Grounds.
• To refer a potential employee, current UAB employees should complete this form and return it, along with a copy of the candidate’s resume, or a list of the candidate’s work experience, education, and contact information, to UAB Recruitment Services at email@example.com.
• Only current UAB employees may make a referral. Human Resources staff is not eligible to refer candidates. Current UAB Temporary Services employees are not eligible to refer candidates.
• Candidates being referred must include the name of the UAB employee who referred them on the BrassRing application they submit online when applying to UAB Temporary Services.
• The referral must successfully complete all UAB requirements for employment including meeting minimum qualifications for the job, background check, and drug screen where appropriate. Individuals referred for UAB Medicine jobs must be able to meet the Tobacco Free hiring policy.
• A referral incentive of $250, less all legal deductions, will be paid after the referred employee has successfully completed 6 months of employment in the initial department/role where they are assigned. The referral incentive will be made via the payroll process.
• Not all referrals will be interviewed and not all referred candidates will be hired.
• If referred candidate transfers from original job to another position within the first 6 months of employment, the referral incentive will be prorated based on the amount of time spent in the original position.
• An employee may receive referral incentives for each hired applicant they refer who stays successfully employed for at least 6 months.
• If a candidate is referred by more than one employee, the referral incentive will be split between the referring employees. Both must be listed by the person being referred in their application.
• The referring employee and the referred candidate must be employed by UAB when the referral incentive is paid.
• Referrals and hiring of family members is not prohibited, but is governed by UAB’s nepotism policy.
• Referring employees may not be involved in the assessment/evaluation/hiring process of the individuals they refer.
• Employees in manager positions and below are eligible for this referral program.
• This referral program will be open to current employees through December 31st, 2013.
ALL FIELDS MUST BE COMPLETED
Current UAB Employee Information.
Please type your full name.
Invalid email address.
REFERRAL CANDIDATE INFORMATION. ALL FIELDS MUST BE COMPLETED.
How should we contact candidate?
Candidate's Full Name:
Candidate's Home Phone:
Candidate's Cell Phone:
Position Referred to:
Candidate's Home Address:
Attach Candidate's Resume (PDF or MS Word format only)
You may also submit the resume of the person being referred by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to AB110. All persons being referred must complete a UAB employment application which can be found at www.uab.edu/jobs
Candidate is qualified for this position because:
Please type the 4 following characters:
UAB Web Pages Policy