The University of Alabama at Birmingham has developed a Childcare Network in an effort to meet the diverse demands and challenges of UAB employees looking for child care. It was designed to provide parents a link to resources in the Birmingham area. UAB does not endorse or recommend any particular child care center and encourages all parents to carefully evaluate any provider they are considering to care for their child.
Click here for more information on the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
There are many online resources available for you and your child. Here are a few we have found helpful:
- Summer Camps at UAB - UAB offers summer camp activities for kids of all ages.
- Birmingham Mom - Shortcuts for busy Birmingham Moms.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children - The nation's leading voice for high-quality early childhood education for children from birth to age 8.
- Crayola - Browse hundreds of craft ideas to get children inspired.
- Kids Count - A national and state-by-state effort to track the well-being of children in the United States.
- National Fatherhood Initiative - Resource to help equip and educate fathers to ensure a brighter future for America's youth.
- ERIC - a Federal Government Website for Parents and Teachers
- Quality Care for Children - Resource to help parents access quality, affordable care for their children.
- EarlyChildhood.com - Online resource for Teachers and Parents of children, from infants to age 8.
- Alabama Partnership for Children - Local systems of resources and support to enable parents, families, and others who care for young children.
- Great Schools - Inspiration and support for children's education.