Overview of Hiring Process
- Requisition Created/Approved: (Policy 102) Electronic form & job description received in employment. Information is entered into Recruiting System and recruiter is notified.
- Recruitment Review/Strategy: (Policy 105) Recruiter and hiring manager review position and determine recruitment strategy.
- Job Posted: (Policy 105) Recruiter posts job to job board.
- Candidates Apply: Candidates review available job postings and apply to job.
- HR Screenings: (Policies 111 & 606) Recruiter reviews, interviews and selects candiates to forward to hiring manager for consideration. Recruiters review internal candidate employee file to verify transfer eligibility
- Hiring Selection: (Policy 110) Hiring manager interviews and identifies a candidate for the position.
- Background Check: (Policy 101)
Recruiting System Training
Click your Recruitment role to access resources specific to you:
Hiring Manager (Coming in February)
The Hiring Manager can view assigned requisitions and can change step and status for candidates up to the Interview completion step.
MGR Collaborator (Coming in February)
The MGR Collaborator can log in to the system and VIEW candidate information. MGR Collaborators do not have the ability to modify the requisition or update a candidate’s step and status.
Internal Candidate (Coming in February)
The Internal candidate can log in to the system using their blazerid and password to access their employment profile.
Recruiter/Consultants (Coming in February)
The Recruiter/Consultant has administrative access in the Recruiting System for creating/managing requisitions, and candidate management for the requisitions assigned to their school or department. Blazer ID and password required.
HR Support Staff (Coming in February)
HR Support Staff has access in the Recruiting System for reviewing and routing requisitions to the appropriate recruiter. Blazer ID and password required.
Resources for Hiring Managers
|Sorting by Source, Using Requisition and Candidate Filters Job Aid||Instructions on how to use candidate quick filters.
|Candidate Management Job Aid||Instructions on how to navigate to move candidates through the CSW, change Steps/Status and perform disposition for multiple candidates.
|Candidate File Management Job Aid||Instructions on how to print a candidate file and add an attachment to candidate file.
|Exporting Candidate List to Excel||Instructions on how to export a candidate list to Microsoft Excel.
Email from HR to Hiring Manager
Sample of Automatic Correspondences
|Roles and Associated Permissions
||Provides definitions about the roles and permissions and how to get access to the applicant tracking system.
|Icon and Definitions
||Provides definitions for the tools and icons in the system.
|FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
||Provides general questions and answers about the applicant tracking system.
|Candidate Selection Workflow Reference
||Provides explanation on candidate selection workflow and understanding the step, status and reasons.
|Tips and Reminders
||Provides tips and reminders on system access, roles, browsers, job requistion management, and candidate management.
|Web Browser Reset Instructions
||Provides instructions for both Mac and PC users on how to reset web browser settings (i.e., clear browser cookies and cache).
|Mac Users: Java Version Verification and Update Instructions
||Provides instructions for Mac (Apple) users on how to verify and/or update the version of Java installed on their machine.
Training InformationInformational Sessions
In this hands-on session, you will learn the fundamentals for using the Recruiting System, which includes viewing the requisition, managing applicant resumes, candidate selection workflow and disposition, and the offer process.