Use or Lose Your Personal Holidays
UAB’s policy on personal holidays requires non-hospital bi-weekly-paid full-time regular employees to take any unused personal holidays by the last biweekly pay period with a June pay date.
For 2015, that means that employees in this category must take their personal holidays during the May 31-June 13 pay period – or they will be forfeited automatically.
The new personal holiday balance for the 2015/2016 period will be reflected on the June 14–June 27 pay period deposit statement.
Personal holidays must be taken prior to notice of termination; they will not be paid as terminal leave or during the period of notice.
A copy of the full holiday policy can be found in the UAB Policies and Procedures Library (HR policy 302) at: www.uab.edu/policies.
The policy for monthly paid employees and hospital employees remains unchanged.
If you have any questions, please contact the Benefits Office at 934-3458.
New Taleo Recruiting System – Now Live!
This integrated system best supports the needs of our HR staff and hiring managers as well as streamlines the application process for candidates in order to help fill positions quickly. The official transition to the new Taleo Recruiting System occurred on 4/20/15.
What you need to know now that the Taleo Recruiting System is live:
- To access the new system, click here.
- All hiring managers are encouraged to attend a training session to learn the new system. Click here to view the class schedule and register. In the future, there will be a Weekly “Walk-In” Recruiting System Users Clinic every Thursday afternoon from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. in AB B60.
- For additional questions about the new hiring process and resources to help you during this transition, click here or contact your HR Consultant.
Current UAB and UAB Medicine Employees
- One of the many benefits of the new system is the ability to sign on and apply for jobs using your BlazerID and password. Once the new system is live, you will also be able to search internal jobs available to current UAB employees.
- To search internal open jobs, click here.
Implementing a substantial change like this throughout such a large institution is not easy and takes time, but the transition to the new recruiting system benefits both those that work here and candidates in the community seeking to apply. Thank you in advance for your patience and support during this change.
File annual ethics report by April 30
The State of Alabama Ethics Commission requires UAB employees who meet a certain salary threshold, or whose job includes management of state funds in certain capacities, to complete an annual Statement of Economic Interests form. As a reminder, the salary threshold is now $75,000, and supervisors now are required to file. Find more information at www.uab.edu/ethicsrequirement.
As required by law, the UAB Office of Human Resources has identified specific employees both internally and to the Commission as meeting one or more of the above criteria in 2014. Specific employees who are required to file the report received an email on March 9, 2015, with the subject: State of Alabama Ethics Commission Filing for 2015.
Invitation to self-identify to begin mid-March
Submission of this information is voluntary, and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment or be used in any employment decision. Email invitations to participate in the online survey will be sent from UAB Human Resources.
Back to All HR News