Mystery Poster Image
Congratulations to this week's winner, LaQuita Graham!
Hand in Paw is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. HIP's 150 professionally-trained volunteers help improve people’s day to day lives at numerous facilities throughout Central Alabama. The mission of Hand in Paw is to improve the health and well-being of children and adults by serving those with physical, emotional, educational, or psychological needs through interactions with professionally-trained Animal-Assisted Therapy Teams.
Last Week's Poster Image:
IMAGINE WHAT WE CAN DO... 2014 Habitat house sponsored by UAB. HR employees participated in building this new home La’Tasha Willis and her daughters, Lyric and Alexis. On November 10, 2014, they received the keys to their new house in the Pratt City community of Birmingham. For more information about this project, please visit the UAB Habitat House Website.
HR Giving Incentives
Note: Everyone who contributes during the campaign, or continues their continuous gift, will be eligible for drawings during the end of the campaign party; scheduled for Friday, April 10. More details regarding this celebration to come.
In order to encourage participation in this year’s HR campaign, we have sourced some great prizes that we will give away each week. Here are the rules of the game:
- The drawings are open only to HR employees
- We will hold two drawings each week for three weeks. The winners will be drawn each Friday morning and announced via the HR Benevolent fund website
- The first drawing will be Friday, March 6
- To get your name in the drawing, you must do one of the following:
- Pledge to become a first time Continuous Giver. This is someone who pledges either to give one hour pay per month, one percent of your pay per month or by donating a fixed amount per month.
- Pledge to give to any one-time gift (this could include UAB Habitat House). The amount of the one-time gift has to be $5 or greater
- Turn your pledge form in to your Visionary team member. The Visionary will turn all pledges in every week by Thursday, 4pm. For additional pledge forms, please see your Visionary team member.
- If you make a contribution online, please forward the verification email you receive to your Visionary team member so that we can ensure you are included in the drawings
- Cash and Check can be accepted, but a pledge form will need to be filled out and turned in with your money.
- If your name is pulled multiple times during the weekly drawings, you will win only the prize associated with the "first" time your name is pulled. The same individual cannot win more than one time during the weekly drawings. HOWEVER, each weekly winner will be eligible to participate in the drawings that will be held during the end of the campaign party (Date TBD).
A sample of the prizes are listed below:
- Free Oil change and tire rotation from Good Year
- 3-month pass to the UAB Campus Recreation Center
- $10 gift card to Newk's
- Fantastic Five food vouchers (to be used in UAB Hospital)
- Athletic Gift Basket
- Chick Fil A food vouchers
- Complimentary one night stay at Town Place Suites Marriot in Homewood
Overview of Hiring Process
- Requisition Created/Approved: (Policy 102) Approved electronic form received in Recruiting System. Recruiter is notified to begin recruitment process.
- Recruitment Review/Strategy: (Policy 105) Recruiter and hiring manager review position and determine recruitment strategy.
- Job Posted: (Policy 105) Recruiter posts position to Recruiting System.
- Candidates Apply: Candidates review available job postings and apply to job.
- HR Screenings: (Policies 111 & 606) Recruiter reviews, interviews and selects candiates to forward to hiring manager for consideration. Recruiter will review internal candidate employee file to verify transfer eligibility.
- Hiring Selection: (Policy 110) Hiring manager interviews and identifies a candidate for the position.
- Background Check: (Policy 101)
Recruiting System Training
Click your Recruitment role to access resources specific to you:
The Hiring Manager can view assigned requisitions and can change step and status for candidates up to the Interview completion step.
MGR Collaborator (Coming soon)
The MGR Collaborator can log in to the system and VIEW candidate information. MGR Collaborators do NOT have the ability to modify the requisition or update a candidate’s step and status.