Use or Lose Your Personal Holidays
UAB’s policy on personal holidays requires non-hospital bi-weekly-paid full-time regular employees to take any unused personal holidays by the last biweekly pay period with a June pay date.
For 2015, that means that employees in this category must take their personal holidays during the May 31-June 13 pay period – or they will be forfeited automatically.
The new personal holiday balance for the 2015/2016 period will be reflected on the June 14–June 27 pay period deposit statement.
Personal holidays must be taken prior to notice of termination; they will not be paid as terminal leave or during the period of notice.
A copy of the full holiday policy can be found in the UAB Policies and Procedures Library (HR policy 302) at: www.uab.edu/policies.
The policy for monthly paid employees and hospital employees remains unchanged.
If you have any questions, please contact the Benefits Office at 934-3458.
File annual ethics report by April 30
The State of Alabama Ethics Commission requires UAB employees who meet a certain salary threshold, or whose job includes management of state funds in certain capacities, to complete an annual Statement of Economic Interests form. As a reminder, the salary threshold is now $75,000, and supervisors now are required to file. Find more information at www.uab.edu/ethicsrequirement.
As required by law, the UAB Office of Human Resources has identified specific employees both internally and to the Commission as meeting one or more of the above criteria in 2014. Specific employees who are required to file the report received an email on March 9, 2015, with the subject: State of Alabama Ethics Commission Filing for 2015.
Invitation to self-identify to begin mid-March
Submission of this information is voluntary, and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment or be used in any employment decision. Email invitations to participate in the online survey will be sent from UAB Human Resources.
Back to All HR News
New Recruiting System to Launch April 20, 2015
As one of Alabama’s largest employers, our organization is dedicated to attracting and hiring industry leaders and top talent. Faced with an increasingly competitive job market, we evaluated our existing recruiting system and determined the need to move to a more forward-looking and user-friendly system. After several months of analysis and product reviews, UAB, UAB Hospital, and UAB Health System selected Oracle Taleo as the new recruiting system to help meet our overall goals and objectives.
Read more about this change and how it affects hiring managers, recruiters, and current staff here.
This integrated system best supports the needs of our HR staff and hiring managers as well as streamlines the application process for candidates in order to help fill positions quickly. The official cut over date from our current system to Taleo is scheduled for 4/20/15.
What you need to know about this transition:
- If you are hiring or anticipate hiring for open positions between now and 4/20/15:
- To help with our transition, we encourage you to have your existing classify new/reclassify CRF’s approved at the department level by 4/16. Beginning on 4/17, the existing CRF will be replaced with the new PAR/CRF form. More information about the new PAR/CRF can be found here.
- All hiring managers are encouraged to attend a training session to learn the new system before go-live on 4/20. Click here to view the class schedule and register.
- For additional information about the new hiring process and resources to help you during this transition, click here or contact your HR Consultant.
- One of the many benefits of the new system is the ability to sign on and apply for jobs using your BlazerID and password. Once the new system is live, you will also be able to search internal jobs available to current UAB employees.