Use or Lose Your Personal Holidays
UAB’s policy on personal holidays requires non-hospital biweekly-paid full-time regular employees to take any unused personal holidays by the last biweekly pay period with a June pay date.
For 2014, that means that employees in this category must take their personal holidays during the June 1-14 pay period – or they will be forfeited automatically.
The new personal holiday balance for the 2014/2015 period will be reflected on the June 15–June 28 pay period deposit statement.
Personal holidays must be taken prior to notice of termination; they will not be paid as terminal leave or during the period of notice.
A copy of the full holiday policy can be found in the UAB Policies and Procedures Library (HR policy 302) at: www.uab.edu/policies
The policy for monthly paid employees and hospital employees remains unchanged.
If you have any questions, please contact the Benefits Office at 934-3458.
UAB Day at Regions Field
We are excited to announce this year’s UAB Day at Regions Field on Tuesday, June 24, 2014. President Watts invites faculty and staff to watch the Barons take on the Mississippi Braves and enjoy 50 cent Hot Dog Night. The game starts at 7:05 p.m. The university has purchased 2000 tickets to be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis; employees may request up to 2 tickets.
RESERVE YOUR TICKETS TODAY!
Blazer ID and password are required.
Ticket Pick Up Instructions:
Please plan to show your UAB ID at pick-up.
When: Day of the game, June 24, 2014 from 5 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
- You must pick up your tickets by 6:45 p.m., otherwise they will be considered unclaimed. All unclaimed tickets will be released at 6:45 p.m. in the designated UAB Ticket area (Parkside Entrance) for employees who were not able to reserve tickets online in advance. These tickets will be distributed to UAB employees with a valid UAB ID on a first-come, first-served basis.
Where: Regions Field Parkside Entrance on 1st Avenue S. (look for the UAB tents)
- Please arrive with your entire party if you wish to sit together.
If you are unable to reserve your tickets online in advance, you have two options:
- You may continue to check the ticket website to claim tickets that are returned by other employees.
- We will distribute all unclaimed tickets the day of the game at 6:45 p.m. in the designated UAB Ticket area (Parkside Entrance). These tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Full parking instructions are available on the Barons website here.
UAB included in “150 Great Places to Work”
UAB Medicine is included in Becker’s 2014 "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare," a list of organizations that provide excellent work environments and outstanding benefits to their employees.
Organizations are evaluated based on their benefits, workplace culture, professional development opportunities and previous recognition for workplace excellence. The complete list is online.
UAB named city's best family-friendly company
UAB was named the Best Family Friendly Company in the 2014 Parents' Choice Awards by Birmingham and Alabama Baby & Child magazines. Readers noted: "Stellar benefits along with stability combine to make a pleasant atmosphere for those who work for the school and the hospital."
UAB was also singled out for two other Parents' Choice awards.
- Best Hospital NICU: With the ability to accommodate 63 babies, readers say the unit is prepared for any situation that might arise and is staffed with professionals who are able to handle them.
- Best 3D/4D Ultrasound: Readers say UAB provides the best, most thorough exams for those with healthy pregnancies and as well as those experiencing problems.