My Health Rewards
Building a healthier UAB starts with YOU!As a part of our ongoing efforts to improve the health of our faculty and staff, UAB is pleased to offer this new health and wellness program. Improving health outcomes is an important focus of our long range plan to reduce the health risks of the UAB community.
Lowering health risks can impact healthcare costs for all of us; while lower costs is a welcome outcome – lower health risk for our friends and colleagues is even more desirable.
My Health Rewards – The Basics
- VOLUNTARY - Participation is voluntary for all benefit eligible employees.
- CONVENIENT - Several opportunities to participate in a basic health screening will be offered on-site at convenient times and locations throughout UAB, accommodating all shift schedules.
- EXPERT - Summit Health, a leading provider in worksite health, will conduct the screenings.
- PRIVATE - All employee data is secure and confidential. No one at UAB will have access to individual results. All protected health information is managed by an external partnership.
- EASY - Registration will be available online and screenings should take 30 minutes or less.
- VALUABLE - Participants will answer a few simple health questions, be screened and get important, life-saving health information from the screening including:
Why should you participate?
- You are an asset to UAB, your family and your community. Taking care of yourself is important to a lot of people.
- You will have exclusive access to valuable health support services throughout 2015.
- Every participant will receive a health risk profile (evaluation of your health risk level).
- Targeted messages and health support options will be available depending on risk or condition.
- All targeted support is totally private and handled by an external partner.
- In 2016, each person in the My Health Rewards program will be able to have a second health screening.
- Maintaining your healthy status or improving your health risk profile (high to moderate; moderate to healthy) will result in an incentive.
All screenings will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
August 22: Women and Infant’s Center (WIC) 2nd floor lobby
August 29: UAB Recreation Center, room 150
September 5: Occupational Health Building (CH19), room B-1 (basement conference room)
September 12: The Kirklin Clinic (TKC) 1st floor Learning Resource Center
October 24: Education Building (EDU) 2nd floor lobby
October 31: John Whitaker Building (JNWB), room 104
November 7: Business and Engineering Center (BEC) 1st floor lobby
November 14: Highland’s Media Center – 1st floor
December 5: Medical Towers (MT) 1st floor break room
December 12: School of Public Health Building (Ryals), room 125
UAB Farmer's Market
UAB Medicine is providing the UAB Farmer's Market again this year to the staff and visitors of UAB. We are partnering with the Farmer’s Market Authority of the State of Alabama, part of the Department of Agriculture, to bring some of the best farmers in Alabama to the UAB Market this summer.
The Market will be held every Friday from June 6 - August 29 and is open to both staff and visitors of UAB.
Time: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Location: North Pavilion Entrance
UAB Medicine Urgent Care
UAB Medicine Urgent Care is open seven days a week to treat patients ages 18 and older. Operating hours are 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, and 1-5 p.m. Sunday. One medical doctor and one nurse practitioner are onsite during hours of operation. This is a walk-in clinic, so no appointments are necessary.
For more information, including a map of the clinic location, visit uabmedicine.org/UrgentCare or call (205) 801-5251.