Programs & Events
The UAB Employee Assistance and Counseling Center supports you in achieving successful work life integration in all areas of life by providing informative classes and seminars. Classes are offered at no cost and are open to all eligible employees and members of their immediate household.
Refer to the links on the menu (at left), for more detailed information about programs and events.
- Meditation – Beginning Tuesday, October 22 and continuing each Tuesday from 12:10 until 12:50 for 8 sessions, not including the week of Thanksgiving.
- December Yoga - Give yourself the gift of gentle yoga this holiday season. Tuesdays and Thursdays, December 5 - 19 from 5 - 6:15 p.m.
- Art as Therapy – Tuesday, December 3rd & Wednesday, December 4th
- Surviving Grief at the Holidays - December 9 from noon - 1 p.m. Presentation covering grief during the holiday season.
- Women’s Support Group Focused on Balance – Meets each Monday at the UAB Employee Assistance and Counseling Center. Call 205-934-2281 for details.
- Displaced Employees Support Group – Meets each Thursday at 1:15 at the UAB Employee Assistance and Counseling Center. Call 205-934-2281 for details.
- Beat the Pack – Let us help you stop smoking. See UAB Wellness for more information. If you’d like to work with a counselor individually to assisting you to quit smoking, call 205-934-2281 for details.
- Music Therapy – Coming soon, please check back for details.
- T’ai Chi – Check back for details on our upcoming class.
Registration is requested as space is limited.
Call: 205-934-2281 to register.