- I was forwarded the ethics requirement email by my coworker/supervisor. Do I need to file?
- I read the "Who Must File" document and I'm not sure if I should file or not. How do I know whether I am required to file or not?
- Why do I need to file? How does the process work?
- I think I filed this form already. Can you check to see if I have?
- How can I find my user ID and password to complete the form?
- I'm having problems with the electronic form. Who should I contact?
- I received a confirmation code after I completed the filing process. Am I finished?
uabCHRO@uab.edu on March 9, 2015, or a letter in the mail addressed to your home, you are required to file the form. IF THE EMAIL WAS FORWARDED TO YOU – PLEASE INQUIRE AT HRADMIN@UAB.EDU REGARDING YOUR NEED TO FILE.
I read the "Who Must File" document and I'm not sure if I should file or not. How do I know whether I am required to file or not?If you received a direct email from uabCHRO@uab.edu on March 9, 2015, or a letter in the mail addressed to your home, you are required to file the form. IF THE EMAIL WAS FORWARDED TO YOU – PLEASE INQUIRE AT HRADMIN@UAB.EDU REGARDING YOUR NEED TO FILE. Additional filing requirement questions may be directed to the Ethics Commission.
Alabama Ethics Commission
P.O. Box 4840
Montgomery, AL 36103-4840
- Persons whose base rate of pay at any time during calendar year 2014 was $75,000 or more even if employment during the year was for a period as short as one day
- Persons whose job includes purchasing or procurement authority
- Individuals serving as a supervisor (UAB has chosen to identify these individuals as those who are documented as a supervisor in the HR Admin System)
- Executive Assistants to leaders in the institution due to their access to highly confidential information.
- Persons whose pay and benefits come primarily from UAB Hospital are exempt from the filing requirement.
View the Online Form Compatibility Instructions PDF
We have no way of verifying whether you have already completed the form. You should have received an email indicating your successful submission of the report. Any questions regarding the report submission should be directed to:
Alabama Ethics Commission
P.O. Box 4840
Montgomery, AL 36103-4840
http://ethics.alabama.gov no login credentials are required. On the Alabama Ethics Commission website select the "Statement of Economic Interest" button in the upper-left corner. On the next page, in the "Fill it out Online" section, select the "Statement of Economic Interests - Online Form" link and the form will open to be completed.
Any problems or errors with the Ethics Commission website should be directed to the Alabama Ethics Commission. Their website, http://ethics.alabama.gov provides links for you to contact someone directly.
You can also contact them at:
The State of Alabama Ethics Commission requires that UAB employees who meet a certain salary threshold, or whose job includes management of state funds in certain capacities, complete an annual Statement of Economic Interests form. The salary threshold is now $75,000; and anyone serving as a supervisor has been added to the list of those who must file the form. As required by law, the UAB Office of Human Resources has identified specific employees both internally and to the Commission as an employee meeting one or more of the above criteria in 2014. The specific employees who are required to file the report received an email on March 9 with the subject: State of Alabama Ethics Commission Filing for 2015.
In order to help you fulfill this requirement, the Ethics Commission now provides the form and instructions on their website, www.ethics.alabama.gov, so that you can quickly and conveniently file online. While you may still choose to print a copy of the form, complete it and return it directly to the Ethics Commission, we encourage you to take advantage of the quick and cost-effective online filing option. When you do, you will receive an e-mail from the Ethics Commission (the e-mail address will contain @ethics.alabama.gov) providing you with a code that confirms your form has been filed. Please keep this confirmation code on file in a safe place because you will be asked for your confirmation code when/if you try to view your Statement of Economic Interests information during future visits to the Ethics Commission website.
If completed online, the form must be completed and the confirmation code received by the state mandated deadline of April 30, 2015. In addition, direct mail forms also must be postmarked no later than April 30, 2015.
Please note, as you complete the form online that not all sections necessarily apply to everyone; which means that “Not Applicable” and “None” are valid responses. Other responses can be indicated by selecting from a list of values or placing a check mark in a box. You may be able to determine whether it will be necessary for you to complete a particular section of the form simply by reading the title or description of each section. Section 10 deserves special note because it describes a fine imposed by the Ethics Commission if the form is not completed and filed with the Ethics Commission. It is important that you complete the online form and receive the confirmation code on or before April 30, 2015.
For a full description of the requirements regarding the Ethics Commission’s efforts to ensure compliance with state conflict of interest laws and proper handling of taxpayer dollars, please visit their website at www.ethics.alabama.gov. There you will find a link to the “Statement of Economic Interests” and the “Forms and FAQs,” which contains all of the necessary information for completing the form online.
General information about the Alabama Ethics Law for UAB employees is available on the Compliance website.
- Who Must File a Statement of Economic Interest form?
- Letter from UAB Chief Human Resources Officer
- FAQ Page
Human Resources Forms
PLEASE NOTE: The PDF forms on this page must be completed only with the Adobe© Reader. Using other programs will result in lost data on the form. Some of the forms can be completed and saved to your local drive. Download a free version of ADOBE ACROBAT Reader.
Child Development Center:
- Position Authorization/Compensation Request Form
- Action Verbs Used to Describe Job Duties
- Hospital Position Requisition Form
- Hospital Position Requisition Form Instructions
- Hire Letter Template for 02 Temporary/04 Irregular Employees
- OIG Request Form
- Employing Minors Request for Clearance Form and Instructions*
- Temporary Employee Evaluation
* Clearance request and health enrollment form must be submitted to OH&S at least 2 weeks prior to hire date for timely processing.
Leaves of Absence:
- Access a complete list of current Leaves of Absence forms.
- Medical Leave Flow Chart
- Maternity Leave Flow Chart
On-The-Job Injury/Illness Program (OJI):
- Access a complete list of current OJI forms.
Organizational Learning & Development:
- Organizational Learning & Development Request for Support
- Employee Supervisor Checklist
- Individual Development Plan (Blank)
Hospital Human Resources:
- SuccessFactors Performance Management Tool (Login with BlazerID and password)
- Hospital Attendance Policy Worksheet for Managers
- I-9 Form
- Form I-9 Handbook
- Application for Employment for 04 Irregular and 06 Student Employees
- Records Information Request Form
- Race and Gender Self Identification Form
- UAB Statement of Understanding Regarding Additional Income for Returning Retiree
- Individuals with Disability Self ID Form
- Veterans Self ID Form
- UAB Trainee Fact Sheet
Technology & Data Services:
ACT Documents for the areas listed below are reviewed and approved by the Records staff member as listed. If you have questions or need assistance, you may contact Records at 205.934.4408 or email the individual staff member.
Leave of Absence Coordinator
Front Desk Backup, ACT documents for orgs beginning with: 32 – 39
Central Administration Organization numbers beginning with: 0 - 31 and 41 - 51
Faculty and Volunteer Documents, International I-9 Form updates
ACT Document Guidelines for Faculty
This document offers definitions and general uses for each ACT Document Reason when initiating a personnel action for Faculty.
ACT Document Types and Reasons for Staff
This document offers definitions and general uses for each ACT Document Reason when initiating a personnel action for Staff.
Attachments Required by Records
This grid should be used as a general guide to identify the type of attachments that are required or may be requested by the Records Department per ACT document reason. It is our hope that this document addresses the majority of circumstances that may require attachments. However; it may not be all inclusive. Please feel free to contact our office at 205.934.4408 if you have questions.
ACT Document Subgroups
ACT document subgroups have been added to the system to enhance reporting capabilities for the system and help in determining which document reason to use.