Administrative Systems Training / Oracle Training, Instruction & Online Documentation
The Oracle Administrative System is an integrated suite of Human Resources (HR) and Finance (FN) modules used by the University of Alabama at Birmingham for administrative operations and record keeping. It is a web-based system that includes a Self Service Application for all employees, as well as, HR and FN Applications for staff and faculty to conduct day-to-day business. The Oracle Administrative System uses an Oracle database and is typically referred to as "Oracle".
Oracle Administrative System - Training, Instruction and Online Documentation
The Oracle Administrative System Instruction and Development Team is dedicated to providing training and instruction material to assist users of the Oracle Administrative System. To accommodate the training needs of the campus community a variety of training methods have been developed. Details are available by clicking on the links below. For questions regarding the information on this web page or concerning the Oracle Administrative System, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computer Classroom Instruction
- Course Descriptions and Prerequisites
- View Administrative Systems Class Schedule
- Oracle Administrative Systems Certificate Programs
- 2:00 - 3:30 General assistance in resolving problems or individualized training (Users may come and go during the 2:00 - 3:30 time period)
- 2:00 - 2:30 Approving or Certifying Effort Reports (must have UAB Effort Report User responsibility and register for the class via the UAB Faculty & Staff Learning System)
- 2:30 - 3:00 Reporting Biweekly Time Using the TEL Document (must have UAB TEL responsibility and register for the class via the UAB Faculty & Staff Learning System)
- Using Oracle - Overview and Basic - (recommended for all users)
- Using the UAB Self Service Application - (recommended for all "active" UAB employees, trainees and volunteers)
- Viewing UAB Self Service Views - (recommended for all "in-active" UAB employees, trainees and volunteers)
- Using the Human Resource Applications - (recommended for users responsible for the processing of HR related transactions which includes ACT, TEL and Salary Reclass documents)
- Using the Finance Applications - (recommended for users responsible for the processing of FN related transactions which includes Payment Request, Purchase Requisitions and Journal Entries. Also recommended for users responsible for GL or GA account reporting)
In addition, the Oracle Administrative System Instruction and Development Team also performs/provides:
- System Alerts/Announcements - to ensure the campus community are aware of any new features and system updates and/or changes.
- Special training sessions for groups needing training or assistance with specific Oracle processes. To request a special session, email email@example.com.
- Assistance to Ask IT in providing Oracle-related desktop support. Contact Ask IT at 205-996-5555
- System testing and assistance with system implementation processes.
- Collaboration with the user community to ensure continual assessment of system uses and needs.
Organization Learning and Development sends a monthly e-newsletter wit information about upcoming classes and new classes added to the schedule, as well as tips and other resources. Subscribe here to our e-newsletter mailing list. Your email address will not be shared and you may choose to cancel your registration at any time
Note: Other Administrative Systems are as follows: