New Employee Orientation
New Employee Orientation (for University employees) provides a comprehensive "first-look" at UAB, its core values, essential expectations and important resources. It is critical that new employees attend orientation as soon as possible so that they have plenty of time to enroll in health, dental and vision insurance and other benefits within 31 days of their hire date.
Please note: New employees must be registered for New Employee Orientation by the date listed in the table below.
New Employee Orientation Schedule for 2014:
|Deadline for Department to Register New Employees for NEO Session|
|March 3||February 26|
|March 17||March 12|
|March 31||March 26|
|April 14||April 9|
|April 28||April 23|
|May 12||May 7|
|May 27||May 22|
|June 9||June 4|
|June 23||June 18|
|July 7||July 2|
|July 21||July 16|
|August 4||July 30|
|August 18||August 13|
|September 2||August 26|
|September 15||September 10|
|September 29||September 24|
|October 13||October 8|
|October 27||October 22|
|November 10||November 5|
|November 24||November 19|
|December 8||December 3|
Information to Bring with You:
- Social security number
- Department name
- Office address
- Position title
- Vehicle license tag number (if you would like to register for campus parking)
- You will also need to know if you are paid monthly or hourly.
In addition, you may also need to bring the following items:
- Sweater or light jacket (At times, our training room temperature may be cooler than some employees prefer)
- Cash for parking (if parking in the deck or back parking lot). Please note the information below regarding free parking for New Employee Orientation.
- Lunch will be provided however individuals with special dietary needs may prefer to bring their own lunch. A refrigerator is available.
The following topics will be covered during orientation:
- Introduction to Employment at UAB
- Important Documents and Policies
- Benefits Enrollment
- Oracle Administrative System and Direct Deposit
Parking for new employee orientation:
Free parking is available for new employees on orientation on Mondays only in lot 15W at the corner of 11th Avenue South and 17th Street, across the street from the Medical towers building.
Here is a Google MAP of the Medical Towers location.
Medical Towers Map & Parking: