Professional Productivity Series
The Personal Productivity Series is designed to help any UAB employee improve their skills in building professional relationships, expanding their career horizons and improving professional communication.
About the CertificatesNew – There are three certificates available in the Professional Productivity Series.
You must enroll, attend and complete each of the required courses to qualify for each certificate. After you have taken all of the courses, we will provide you with a certificate of completion. Call the Organizational Learning & Development office at 934-3359 to request your certificate.
How to Register for Courses
To register for courses, log into the Faculty and Staff Learning System to search for an available class offering.
Please note: Some classes are offered on a rotating basis and may not be available each quarter. Also, if you have already completed any of the required courses they will automatically be applied toward the certificate.
Certificates and Classes for Each
Building Professional Relationships
- Emotional Intelligence Foundations or Emotional Intelligence
- Ethics for Everybody
- Positive Opposition: Productive Strategies for Managing Individual and Team Conflict
- Understanding Your Personality Style Using the DISC Assessment
- Using the Strengths of Your Personality Style
Expanding your Career Horizons
- Calming the Chaos: Time Management for Today
- How to Ace the Interview
- Who Moved My Cheese? Change Management
Improving your Professional Communication
- Communication: Overcoming the Obstacles
- Email Etiquette and Legal Issues
- Listening Skills
- Practice in Basic Writing Skills
To learn more about individual class offerings and dates, you can view our current schedule by clicking here.