The Supervision Series
The Supervision Series is designed to help those who are new to the supervisor role or are interested in moving into a supervisory position in the future. Classes will focus on understanding supervisory relationships, mastering the tasks and processes of a supervisor and handling common supervision issues.
About the Certificates
New – There are three certificates available in the Supervision Series.
You must enroll, attend and complete each of the required courses to qualify for each certificate. After you have taken all of the courses, we will provide you with a certificate of completion. Call the Organizational Learning & Development office at 934-3359 to request your certificate.
How to Register for Courses
To register for courses, log into the Faculty and Staff Learning System to search for an available class offering.
Please note: Some classes are offered on a rotating basis and may not be available each quarter. Also, if you have already completed any of the required courses they will automatically be applied toward the certificate.
Certificates and Classes for Each
Cultivating a Winning Team: Understanding and Connecting Relationships for Supervisors
- New Supervisor: Going From Peer to Boss
- The Power of Positive Relationships...Whale Done!
- The Servant Leader
- Understanding the Multi-Generational Workforce
Essential Success Skills: Mastering Tasks and Processes of a Supervisor
- Conducting Meetings that Matter
- Performance Management-Helping People Win at Work
- HR Performance Management Supervisor Resource Guide
- Delegating: A Leader's Guide to Letting Go
Leading with Vision: Managing Common Supervisory Issues
- The Conflict Competent Leader – Managing Conflict Efficiently
- Leading Change Successfully
- Principles of Ethical Decision Making
To learn more about individual class offerings and dates, you can view our current schedule by clicking here.