- Chair, Department of Communication Studies, for 17 years.
- Graduate Director, Communication Studies, 4 years.
- Founding publisher and editor of journal that is now owned by the National Communication Association.
- 18 books published, including one on communication for academic chairs (State University of New York Press) and more than 140 articles published.
- Chair, Faculty Senate (twice).
- 4 regional research awards; one regional service award, and 2 regional teaching awards.
- Currently working in Faculty Affairs in the VP for Student and Faculty Success Office.